As our next FP&A Manager at IQVIA NL, you will be responsible for managing the IQVIA NL Finance Planning & Analysis function across all BUs of our Dutch entity. This role is part of the Local Leadership Team.
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
This Business Finance focused role will manage the flow of financial information to ensure accurate and robust reporting, providing insight on key performance indicators and identifying opportunities for continual process improvement. It will also include ownership of in-quarter P&L forecasting, provision of financial and operational analysis and reporting to meet country requirements. The role works closely with GM, Sales, commercial and functional leaders to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Member of the Netherlands country leadership team, assisting the leadership team in preparation of operating review meetings, strategic planning review meetings and budget review meetings.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of Netherlands monthly forecast and annual Revenue and Cost budget.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of Netherlands monthly actuals (Revenue, Costs, FTE, CAPEX, DSO, D&A etc.), in coordination and with support of the Accounting Team (Local & Offshore).
- Assume responsibilities for any other related departmental ad-hoc requests and Business Unit finance projects.
- Owns the fortnightly in-quarter revenue & cost forecasting process to ensure full transparency of business leads to performance. Presents a consolidated view of the revenue & costs forecast to the senior management team, including an assessment of risks and opportunities.
- Advises on US GAAP and internal revenue recognition policy to ensure assumptions for in-quarter revenue are accurate. Challenges commercial product leads to ensure an ambitious yet realistic forecast is kept.
- Liaises closely and builds strong relationships with local and regional finance and operations teams to ensure alignment on internal forecasting requirements. Provides ad-hoc analysis and responds to queries from stakeholders to further provide visibility.
- Designs, coordinates and manages the Analytical Accounting across all legal entities of the group (from Statutory to Performance accounting). Provides recommendations to optimize the effectiveness of the processes & flow of information whilst working closely with the commercial leaders & the leadership team.
- Analyses structured financial and operational reports to identify trends, anomalies and focus areas in order to achieve business objectives. Runs ad hoc analysis using Hyperion, SAP, SFDC and other data sources to provide business insights.
- Management of a Revenue Analyst depending on the experience.
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
Education, Experience & Skills
- Dutch speaker preferable
- Master’s degree or equivalent in an analytic subject
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in accounting, including Audit and FP&A / Business Controlling exposure. Requires advanced knowledge of job area, and broad knowledge of other related job areas, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent preferred
- Technical accounting skills, Good analytical and numeracy skills
- Knowledge of both US and International accounting standards, internal controls best practice and SOX compliance.
- Must be IT literate, with experience of financial reporting or accounting packages (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft), MS Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of financial systems, including ERP applications and reporting suites such as Hyperion.
- Ability to identify financial issues and execute mitigating actions.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
It is critical that this role has a hands-on mentality and quickly builds a strong understanding of the IQVIA offerings, processes and systems. Must be flexible and an effective team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task. Works well under pressure. Ability to carry out detailed analysis and information gathering to resolve problems on non-routine matters. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to structure and deliver discrete projects to solve specific organizational needs.
Join Us Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients. Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com