Mgr, Software Devl (R1105902) in Plymouth Meeting, PA at IQVIA™

Date Posted: 1/18/2020

Job Snapshot

Job Description

IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.

Role:  Manager, Software Developer
Experience  4+ years  
Role Summary:

  • Purpose of this role is to provide Support for Big Data applications.
  • You will be responsible for providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd level technical support for customers. 80% of work will be production support, with the remaining 20% supporting development activities and should be able to guide the team.
  • Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our UAT and production, provide permanent fixes and automate regular production issues.    

Responsibilities:

  • Technical support of applications to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security, and performance required by our internal and external clients
  • Required to support multiple applications in production
  • Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
  • Ability to code and script
  • Experience with systems and IT operations
  • Being comfortable with frequent, incremental code changes and deployment
  • Strong grasp of automation tools • Understanding and focus on business outcomes
  • Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
  • Development and enhancement of applications running in production
  • Fixing recurring issues and automation of level 1 support

Requirements:

  • Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering  
  • Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Hadoop ecosystem • Proficient in Java/Scala and MapReduce/Spark
  • Should have sound knowledge in  Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Oozie, HDFS, Hive, etc
  • Good knowledge of Shell Scripting and Linux
  • Excellent knowledge of Hadoop architecture and support • Good understanding of distributed computing environments
  • Databases (Oracle, HBase, Cassandra)
  • Prior working experience with Cloudera CDH
  • Involved in problem determination using application and system error logs 
  • Ability to work under pressure
  • Good communication and presentation skills - constant communication, regular update and follow-ups with various stakeholders • Good understanding of production support process
  • Ability to listen to team members and communicate instructions effectively
  • Quick learner, self-motivated, should have the ability to lead and direct team members
  • Should have the ability to take proactive steps in managing problems 

 Must have:

  • Programming subject matter expertise in: JAVA, SCALA & SQL
  • Full understanding of Relational Database Management Systems: General concept to any relational database and ETL • Experience in: Spark, Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Oozie, HDFS, Hive Cloudera CDH • Operating Systems – Windows Server 2012, Linux Red Hat 5x (and above) familiarity Good documenting skills
  • Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail. Due to the dynamic nature of the business, self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly are essential 

Join Us

Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.

Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.

IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled

IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities.  Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at workday_recruiting@iqvia.com to arrange for such an accommodation.



Job ID: R1105902