Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (Remote)
The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer modifies applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
- Conducts and coordinates the analysis, design and implementation of computer based information systems to meet user requirements.
- Plans and directs preliminary studies of potential applications and prepares design proposals to reflect costs, time and alternative actions to satisfy existing and future needs.
- Participates in systems software development and maintenance as required.
- Conducts detailed analyses of defined systems specifications, develops all levels of block diagrams and flow charts.
- Assists in the preparation of costs analyses and justifications of data processing systems.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Conducts a full range of programming tasks including program design, program coding, debugging, and documentation for a variety of general applications programs including data manipulation, input and output routines.
- Programs logical interfaces and applies techniques for efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Develops operator and control instructions. Maintains and updates existing programs of a non-routine nature.
- Conducts systems programming and support activities such as new or revised segments of language codes or processing.
- May identify and implement root cause fixes to program, system and/or applications errors.
- Monitors effective hardware utilization, reviews system logic for optimum throughput.
- Work frequently includes program maintenance error detection & correction of existing codes and/or revisions to systems documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or related discipline, or knowledge acquired through equivalent experience Required
- Five (5) years experience in systems analysis/application programming Required
- As an alternative to the experience requirements listed above, possesses a minimum of two to five (2-5) years of related experience in Information Technology with a specific Technology Experience Ratio of 50-75% or higher (years of experience in the specific technology years the technology has existed). Required
- Demonstrated basic and some specialized systems and programming knowledge
- Exp. with Spark, Scala, Hadoop, Impala, SQL a plus
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network