Senior Data Scientist
Provide applied statistical methodology support and enhancement to a wide range of IQVIA syndicated data offerings.
- Ownership of proactive monitoring, QC and procedures to maintain stable and accurate data trends
- Developing and using a variety of data analysis methods, on multiple platforms, and use of various data tools, to build and implement efficient techniques, QC reports, or research new methodologies
- Interact extensively with team members to direct and report progress and meet critical deadlines
- Conduct statistical programming, develop and apply statistical QC and summarization to meet internal information needs
- Conduct data reviews to derive conclusions from the analysis, write up results and deliver regular summary reports for core processes.
- Act as a team leader in moving to a Big Data environment - learn and teach others, rewrite code involving SAS, SQL, Python, R or other languages as needed.
- Identify opportunities and participate in activities related to personal development.
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Statistical Methodology expertise in sampling statistics (universe, sample design, projection factors)
- Experience with statistical programming as well as general programming skills involving large, relational data assets
- The technical ability to extract, manipulate, and combine datasets from different sources and platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to explain concepts to both statistical and non-statistical audiences
- Able to present recommendations and methodology to internal and external audiences
- Time management experience
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries is desirable but not required
- Applied experience in SQL, Python, R, SAS and/or other statistical programming as well as strong Excel skills
- Masters degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related quantitative science field
- Experience creating and using machine learning algorithms for outlier detection is a plus
- Prior experience in the healthcare and life science industries is preferred
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral)
- A willingness and ability to work with a remote team
- Right to work in the recruiting country
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network