Finance Manager, DPO (Remote)
Manage the financial consolidation process, including the recording of topside journal entries, the preparation of the financial statements including roll-forwards and the preparation of internal financial reports including analysis to show variances between actual and forecast budgets.
• Undertake financial analysis of key data for assigned issues and areas using a variety of reporting tools to compare actual performance with forecasts and budgets and provide management with information of trends and results to enable corrective action to be taken.
• Responsible for booking month-end entries to produce the final trial balance for respective month.
• Record recurring topside journal entries and act as the contact person for recording topside entries required by the operating units.
• Book various tax entries and run reports for the tax department.
• Prepare and maintain the consolidating income statement and balance sheet for use by external reporting and for review by the independent auditors.
• Prepare a roll-forward of changes since the previous version provided to management and the independent auditors to illustrate changes to the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
• Prepare the consolidated flux analysis; a key management control and a vital source of analysis for the independent auditors.
• Coordinate all the responses from the operating units to explain the variances or changes outside the agreed tolerances. Follow up with the units if the explanations provided need further elaboration.
• Maintain a detailed understanding of internal customer requirements and develop processes that will meet or exceed these requirements. Provide analysis of key data and identification of trends to support and advise managers.
• Ensure compliance with internal financial accounting procedures and policies relevant to the scope of this role.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7 years’ experience in accounting or finance
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Comprehensive technical accounting skills.
• Knowledge of finance modules of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP, PeopleSoft.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
• Ability to identify financial issues, develop and execute mitigating actions.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong influencing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network