The Analytics Center of Excellence
Our Analytics Center of Excellence (Analytics COE) harnesses our global healthcare insights, working closely with our clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. We’re using big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
This multi-functional team is an innovation for our business, requiring entrepreneurial and independent thinking to build our capability. Unique and with a global view, this Center of Excellence is a chance to revolutionize the clinical research industry.
As one of our most senior engineers, you will lead the design and development of data science applications, aimed at supporting clinical trials business, including optimizing design and execution of clinical trials, and improving risk management.
You will be a hands-on technical leader, providing architecture and shaping coding standards. You also will evangelize best practices for software engineering including design, development, and lifecycle maintenance, and will partner with multiple software engineering teams to encourage practices like code reusability / shared libraries, UX driven design, and a culture of continuous improvement.
As a Staff Engineer you will mentor senior engineers, sharing best practices and learning together across all disciplines of our work.
You will meet frequently with stakeholders, product managers, engineering managers, data scientists, and other individual contributor engineers to understand a wide array of technical and business impacting variables, and distill these into strategic and tactical choices that our engineering teams will use to develop and improve software products for our customers.
Along with working across the product portfolio to support multiple scrum teams, you will also be expected to work with external customers either as a consultant or as a solution engineer.
Your typical activities will include:
- Consistently deliver robust, high-quality, reliable engineering outcomes in cross functional autonomous scrum teams
- Lead security assessments and product readiness evaluation
- Lead cross-team exercises including strategic planning, developing prototypes aimed at supporting multiple products and knowledge sharing
- Research current and emerging industry tools and techniques, and share these findings with engineers and managers
- Drive curiosity and innovation
- Advise ACOE engineering managers and individual contributors on best practices and standards for selection, implementation, and support of engineering technologies
- Create partnerships with engineers and leaders from other organizations inside IQVIA
- Demonstrate thought leadership by contributing subject matter expertise and driving new initiatives
- Advise engineering teams on architecture approaches
- Encourage cross-domain collaboration among engineers and engineering managers in multiple disciplines (software engineering, test engineering, and site reliability engineering)
- Together with product managers, identify the impact of business requirements on technical requirements and delivery effort/timelines
- Learn ACOE’s products and operating environments, identify opportunities for improvement, and build consensus among ACOE engineering leadership and individual contributors to achieve those goals
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of relevant collaborative software development experience
- 2+ years full time engineering roles in at least four companies
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Experience designing applications using a microservice-oriented architecture
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or another container orchestration platform
- Prior experience as an engineering leader
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of product development lifecycle
- Experience with enterprise architecture, specifically the design and implementation of software solutions that integrate multiple systems
- Demonstrated aptitude for and interest in peer mentorship
- Growing ability to explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences at a mix of levels and abilities
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and experience working in a collaborative Agile environment
- Previous experience evaluating the security of an application
- Knowledge of UX principles
- Prior management training
- Demonstrated capability for design thinking, strategic planning, and product development
- Familiarity with technology migrations
We will also appreciate if you have some of:
- Experience designing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with cloud ecosystems
- Experience with building, testing, measuring, and deploying machine learning models in production
- Experience working with large volumes of complex data
- Experience working in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with clinical domain and with regulated data
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network