Manager, Security Systems Support
Manager, Security Systems Support
Department: Global Information Security
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Reporting to: Director, Information Security
At IQVIA, we look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about careers, we think about contributions. Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader – a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We’re committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics. To join IQVIA means you’ll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.
The Manager of Security System Support role presents a dynamic opportunity to ensure the secure operation of the IQVIA global information technology (IT) infrastructure and processes through operating and maintaining our security safeguards while providing input to the continual improvement of the enterprise IT security design and configuration.
This role plays a significant part in our Global Information Security team and will provide an excellent opportunity to liaise with key external and internal stakeholders locally while strengthening our Information Security function.
You will be part of a global structure partnering with the IT community and business teams and delivering an ongoing IQVIA Global Information Security program. You will contribute to success of the Information Security Operations work stream through operation of advanced technologies that enable system reliability for business development, and providing adequate protection against the threats to information systems and in particular, the data assets.
You will also find yourself working together with other IQVIA Information Security team members, and liaising regularly with stakeholders at IQVIA, including members of CIO organization, Global and Regional Business Units teams. This is an opportunity to join and progress with a forward thinking department.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Support a security program including both new technological and organizational capabilities across the enterprise
- Develop improvements to the landscape of technical security safeguards, including ongoing maintenance, but also assessment and deployment of new capabilities, technologies, and systems
- Lead an international team of System Support specialists and provide expertise, knowledge and mentoring to the team members
- Keep up to date with technology changes and identify opportunities for implementation in systems
- Provide continuous support and address unexpected events within the area of supported systems, including IAM area (Secure Data Access, Identity Governance Administration), Incident Response (EDR, SIEM, SOAR), Forensics, and Data Protection
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to meet overall business objectives.
The Expertise and Skills Required
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in Information Security, IT Delivery, IT Program Management or other related areas
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent work experience in related areas is preferred
- Experience in information technology related positions with working knowledge of IT infrastructure, identity and access management, networks design, databases, processing systems, web applications, cloud, big data, virtualization, protocols and technologies supporting encryption, information systems attack patterns, intrusion detection, and network security
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Understanding of IAM and SSO standards like RBAC, SCIM, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- Experience of supporting web services authentication standards
- Knowledge of Active Directory and common database environments such as Oracle, SQL and MySQL.
- Experience in deployment and configuration of NGINX, Tomcat and WSO2 IS
- Working knowledge of IT governance frameworks and standards such as CobiT, ITIL or ISO27001
- Working knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements frameworks related to information security for healthcare data, such as HIPAA, EU Data Protection Directive and/or equivalent regional frameworks is preferred
- At least two of the following certificates: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CompTIA Security+, SSCP, CEH, CIH or GIAC
- An ITIL, project management or IT architecture, such as TOGAF, CEH or GIAC or other related certificates are preferred
- Technology/vendor related certificates and trainings would be beneficial
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network