Associate Director, End-user security
Role and Responsibilities
The Associate Director: Security Operations presents a dynamic opportunity to lead an international Request Fulfilment team to ensure the secure operation of the IQVIA global information technology (IT) infrastructure and processes through operating and maintaining our security safeguards while providing input to the continual improvement of the enterprise IT security design and configuration.
This role plays a significant part in our Global Information Security team and will provide an excellent opportunity to liaise with key external and internal stakeholders locally while strengthening our Information Security function.
You will work closely with and will be part of a global CIO organization structure partnering with the Business Units community and their related teams. You will also find yourself working together with other IQVIA Information Security managers and staff, and with Business Unit teams. This is an opportunity to join and progress with a forward-thinking department.
Your primary responsibilities:
• Support information security program through ensuring operations of technical safeguards including Data Leakage and Insider Threat Prevention, as well as Phishing Detection and Response, including both new technological and organizational capabilities
• Receipt, triage and fulfil information security related requests from users across the enterprise
• Review and approve changes to the organizational countermeasures, including firewall changes and elevated rights
• Manage SSL Certificate Lifecycle management
• Review, monitor and maintain elevated accounts lifecycle and external peripherals access
• Work with a team to develop the improvement of the landscape of technical security safeguards, including assessment and deployment of new capabilities, technologies, and systems
• Lead an international team of information security specialists, provide expertise, knowledge and mentoring to team members
• Keep up to date with technology changes and identifies opportunities for implementation in future systems
• Perform additional responsibilities as requested to meet overall business objectives
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in Information Security, IT Delivery, IT Program Management or other related areas
• In-depth knowledge and experience in Data Leakage Prevention and UEBA area
• Expertise in email security and active phishing response
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience in related areas is preferred
• A CISSP, CISM, CCSP or equivalent professional certificate is mandatory
• An ITIL, project management or IT architecture, such as TOGAF, CEH or GIAC or other related certificates are preferred
• Working knowledge of IT governance frameworks and standards such as CobiT, ITIL, ISO27001, NIST cybersecurity framework
• Working knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements frameworks related to information security for healthcare data, such as HIPAA, EU Data Protection Directive and/or equivalent regional frameworks is preferred
• Experience in information technology related positions with working knowledge of IT infrastructure, networks design, databases, processing systems, web applications, mobile technology, cloud, big data, virtualization, protocols and technologies supporting encryption, authentication, access control, information systems attack patterns, intrusion detection, and network security
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network