Site EHS Manager (On-Site)
This role is responsible for day-to-day management and implementation of site EHS programs to the Tourney Road and Avenue Hall sites. The role is crucial to ensure that safety risks are proactively identified and controlled, to champion a site-wide culture of safety, conduct new employee safety induction training, complete ergonomics assessments and to drive EHS ISO Management System programs. Hazards managed under this role include asphyxiants, biohazards, hazardous laboratory chemicals, hazwaste and biowaste, cryogens and COVID-19.
- Assess site EHS programs for prioritized risks in line with business unit/global business objectives.
- Ensure corrective actions are implemented at each of the sites and documented in response to corporate, sponsor and site audits and reviews.
- Maintain site compliance calendar, ensure all recurring compliance actions are assigned and verify timely completion.
- Ensure corrective actions are implemented and documented in response to corporate, sponsor and site audits and reviews.
- Carry out programs of monitoring visits to all designated sites to evaluate the effectiveness of company policies and standards and take suitable action where necessary.
- Produce, implement, monitor, update and actively promote EH&S policies/procedures and safe systems of work throughout the region.
- Identify training needs and ensure the delivery of appropriate training to management, staff and site EH&S Representatives to ensure compliance with applicable legislation.
- Assist with the production, design, and implementation of EHS risk management.
- Manage the measurement and control of EHS performance throughout the country or local sites.
- Act as EHS representative with applicable local/state/provincial agency on issues related to EHS at the sites within the country or local sites.
- Maintain a current knowledge to ensure the sites within the region are compliant with applicable EHS regulations and best practices related to EHS.
- Work with site management to ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken on health, safety and environmental hazards or potential hazards.
- Assist investigation teams after recordable incidents to conduct RCAs and develop CAPAs.
- Ensure site regulatory compliance and reporting with corresponding agencies.
- Assist in ensuring compliance to SOPs in Q Squared Solutions EHS Management System or their more stringent regional equivalents.
- Assist in the implementation of EHS resources (i.e EHS Committee, training, etc.) to multiple locations across the country.
- Perform duties of site EHS representative or support and coach delegated site EHS representative to assist them in their EHS dutie.
- Oversee applicable Corporate Sustainability goals and implementation.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical or Safety related field required.
- 3-5 years' relevant experience.
- Working regulatory knowledge and experience interfacing with regulatory agencies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Certified Safety Professional and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (or equivalent certification in country or jurisdiction) or eligible for certification.
- Thorough knowledge of EHS legislation within the country or local sites.
- Good knowledge of the relevant local EHS regulations, international EHS management systems (e.g. ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and how they apply to sites and functions within region.
- Good knowledge of corporate standards and policies.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Exceptional organization and analytical skills.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable effective interaction/communication with management at many levels.
- Effective leadership abilities.
- Comfortable presenting and training in large and small groups (training/presentation, communication with site management).
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
“I know Q2 Solutions offers me a great career path with lots of options. My line manager fully supports my growth.”Marianne H, Associate Laboratory Project Set-Up Manager
“There are tremendous opportunities to grow here. If you are driven, passionate and committed, the sky’s the limit.”P. Surve, Clinical Process Team Lead
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.