Student Intern Applications Developer
Location: Dunston Business Village and remote working
Duration: 12 months
Starting Date : any time between Jun and August 2022
Healthcare is an industry designed to help humans. As a global community, we continuously invest and commit to advancing human health. To deliver value and real outcomes. To rise to the challenge to find the next breakthrough by making the most of increasingly limited resources.
We do our part by using breakthroughs in insights, technology and human intelligence to reimagine and deliver ways to help make them a reality.
It’s about exploring a new path to better health outcomes via Human Data Science. It’s about harnessing the power of the IQVIA CORE™ to channel the insights, commercial and scientific depth, and executional expertise that drive maximum value for our customers.
Motivated by the industry we help, we’re committed to providing solutions that enable life sciences companies to innovate with confidence, maximize opportunities, and, ultimately, drive human health outcomes forward
For further details on IQVIA visit our website:
IQVIA is seeking a placement student who wishes to pursue a career related to technology based solutions using Business Intelligence and analytical tools and techniques. The role will involve the design and development of leading Healthcare Business Intelligence (BI) applications and support these applications, to include release management. Working within the Healthcare Team and reporting to a Project Lead you will be responsible for developing, testing and support new and existing applications across the IQVIA Healthcare solution portfolio.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in other aspects of the business as opportunities arise such as client engagements and deployments.
Note: previous Interns have returned to IQVIA as permanent employees after completing their degree.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions using applications such as QlikView, Qlik Sense and Tableau and database technologies such as SQL Server.
- Collection and consolidation of business requirements.
- Assist in the development of dashboards.
- Assist in the maintenance/ business requirements/ development of the Data warehouse.
- Assist in delivering projects within operations.
- Build ad-hoc automated reports and tools based on the business demands.
- Application and operational support of solutions
- Release and Service Management
- Knowledge of software development life cycles (Agile, Kanban).
- Ability to pick up new concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge of database structures, SQL (SQL Server).
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and individually.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to understand requirements and translate in to software solutions.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels.
- Ability to organise, co-ordinate and prioritise day to day work load.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server components (Database and Integration Services).
- Knowledge of QlikView, Qlik Sense and Tableau.
- Understanding of SCRUM process
- Knowledge of statistics.
- Experience of working within a fast paced ‘agile’ environment.
- Healthcare domain experience.
- 37 hours per week
- 25 days holiday
- Enrolment in company pension scheme
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network