Sr. Dir, Innovation & Business Development
The IQVIA Innovation Hub connects start-ups with the extensive IQVIA network of assets, resources, clients, and partners. This leader will be critical to developing our Innovation Hub, working closely with early-stage companies for partnership and executives within IQVIA.
Responsible for managing the Innovation Hub’s portfolio and pipeline of partnerships and investments with external early-stage companies (start-ups) in either the US or EMEA region.
Accountable for successful development and implementation of commercial strategy across all invested opportunities. Primary responsibilities include joint business model development between IQVIA business portfolio and start-ups that result in accelerated growth, innovation and positive healthcare impact.
Works closely with the global Innovation Hub leader, driving joint business model development, responsible for developing relationships with customers and unique solutions tailored to customer needs.
Consult with senior leadership to align analysis of collaborations with Innovation Hub goals. Identify and evaluate new opportunities to be considered for pipeline. Conduct competitive analysis and provide insights in both technology and healthcare markets to inform leadership of short-term and long-term trends that may be leveraged to enhance the Innovation Hub’s portfolio of partnerships/collaborations.
- Accountable for developing customer relationships
- Responsible for researching commercial markets to define strategy
- Designs proposals, Proof of Concepts and services to meet customer needs while working with stakeholders throughout IQVIA and the Innovation Hub
- Nominate / collaborate with IQVIA sponsors responsible for relationships with potential partners
- Connect subject matter expertise surrounding overall IQVIA portfolio
- Liaise with existing commercial teams to align execution of commercial strategy consistent with operating procedures
- Responsible for innovation portfolio development and ongoing management
- Develop and execute process to identify potential strategic acquisitions and prioritize within the Innovation Hub pipeline
- Manage, monitor, and report on high priority activities to senior leadership and supporting stakeholders
- Actively evaluate financial data to determine ROI across all partnerships/collaborations
- Report aggregate anticipated financial benefits and impact on EBITDA throughout evaluation process
- Provide comprehensive risk analysis regarding potential investments to understand implementation pathways of successful investments
- Manage and regularly report financial investment as part of the comprehensive Innovation Hub portfolio from identification to portfolio assessment through potential investment of each opportunity
- Strong commercial experience (10 years in large corporations and/or VC, CVC)
- Demonstrated success in business development, offering development (5 years as a minimum)
- Solid experience in healthcare and life sciences industry
- Track record in relationship building and strategic partnerships a plus
- Technical academic background a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit a plus
- Requires extensive knowledge of IQVIA’s offerings and capabilities
- Has an innovation mindset and creative thinking, not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent understanding of the IQVIA org structure with strong influencing and networking skills Comfortable engaging with executive stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and other data capture, analysis and compilation tools
Additional Work Experience
- Experience in market research and competitive analysis with a focus on technology and/or in mergers and acquisitions - Required
- Experience in developing commercial strategy for technology and services - Required
- Experience in implementing portfolio of services and training sales organizations
- Experience in working with all levels within the organization up to and including Executive Management - Required
- Strategic Consulting Experience - Required
- Experience in using Lean Sigma in working environment - Preferred
- Experience using emotional intelligence in working environment - Preferred
- Has a high-level knowledge and understating in Technologies and in IQVIA’s portfolio – Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, life sciences, Technology or related field – Required
- MBA or similar – Preferred
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network