• Primarily acts as back-up Medical Advisor but may serve as Regional Medical Advisor on assigned projects.
• Provides medical support to investigative sites and project staff for protocol-related issues including protocol clarifications,
inclusion/exclusion determinations, and issues of patient safety and/or eligibility.
• May contribute to the medical review of the protocol, Investigative Drug Brochure (IDB) and/or Case Report Forms (CRFs).
• May provide therapeutic area/indication training for the project clinical team.
• Attends and may present at Investigator Meetings.
• Performs review and clarification of trial-related Adverse Events (AEs).
• May perform medical case review of Serious Adverse Events (SAEs), including review of case documentation and patient narrative, in collaboration with the Pharmacovigilance department.
• May provide medical support for the Analysis of Similar Events (AOSE), in collaboration with or on behalf of Pharmacovigilance department.
• May perform medical review of adverse event coding.
• Performs review of the Clinical Study Report (CSR) and patient narratives.
• Attends Kick-Off meetings, weekly team meetings, and client meetings, as needed or requested.
• Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to respond to urgent protocol-related issues at the investigative sites.
• Other Medical degree from an accredited and internationally recognized medical school with a curriculum relevant to general medical education Req
• Other Specialty Board certification in relevant specialty area preferred Req
• Typically requires 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience in general clinical medicine including experience in the requested applicable medical specialty area or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience Req
• Current knowledge of medical, scientific and clinical landscape in applicable therapeutic area
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language (both written and spoken)
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
• Attention to details, flexibility and ability to provide advice on multiple assignments
• Current and valid country/state medical license or equivalent, from the country or region in which he/she resides and works Req
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network