Translator/Linguist (English into Korean)
IQVIA Translations - Be a part of the journey
IQVIA invite you to join our new, specialised Life science Translation team, IQVIA Translations. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of our ground-breaking start-up business, influencing processes and strategy from the outset and seeing the results of your input. You will be a part of a global team with exciting long-term career opportunities. So, if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Linguistics, this could be the role for you.
The Translator is responsible for linguistically and culturally interpreting the written material in a way that maintains or duplicates the structure and style of the original text while keeping the ideas and facts of the original material accurate. He/she possesses fluency in two or more languages and outstanding problem-solving skills that allows for them to research industry-specific terminology. The Translator possesses a strong commitment to accuracy and shows outstanding problem-solving skills when faced with difficult content and instruction. They will build strong relationships with the IQVIA Translations Services team and will play a key role in the effectiveness and success of IQVIA Translations Services operations.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• A university degree in translation or linguistics and at least 2 years of translation experience OR no university degree and at least 4 years of translation experience
• Native fluency in target language; Korean – spoken and written
• Fluency in source language(s) ; English – spoken and written
• At least 1 year of experience translating, reviewing and editing life sciences content including clinical trial documents.
• Be able to work according to tight deadlines and independently is a must
• Experience with translation management systems and CAT tools is a must
• Prior experience as a translator with a translation and localization company is desirable, yet not essential
Your Responsibilities will include:
• Be a strategic partner in delivering on translation time and quality commitments to clients
• Carefully adhere to provided material and instructions to meet the requirements of the clients
• Research industry-specific terminology to properly reflect the meaning and tone of the source content
• Cross-reference specialized glossaries and translation tools to check the quality of the translation
• Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
• Work with the IQVIA Translations Services team to identify gaps in instructions or any external issue that may affect the commitment to the client.
• Be the point of contact for IQVIA Translations Services to manage quality and on-time delivery related to feedback.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network