Senior Scientist, Antibodies
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a skilled PhD, preferably with experience in biotech or pharma, to join our antibody discovery team.
The team carries out selections from Specifica’s Generation 3 antibody library platform, using a combination of phage and yeast display, as well as selection validation of antibody libraries and affinity/optimization of antibodies.
You are independent, enthusiastic, curious, and a strong team player. You have a very strong attention to detail and are keen to join an exciting cutting edge biotech company. You are a highly skilled molecular biologist. You perform well under pressure and respect deadlines. You have experience with electronic notebooks or are willing to learn.
Working with scientists with a wide range of expertise (antibody engineering and discovery, NGS, AI and bioinformatics), you will have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of basic and cutting-edge technologies in antibody library production and antibody discovery.
- Your primary responsibility will be to carry out antibody discovery and/or affinity maturation using Specifica’s Generation 3 libraries, as well as to supervise research associates carrying out antibody discovery campaigns.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, Immunology or related life science fields with 3+ years relevant experience, preferably in biotech or pharma Or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Mastery of molecular biology including PCR, cloning, primer design and sequence analysis
- Able to follow, understand and write/edit SOPs
- Inclined to streamline processes
- Very strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and stick to deadlines
- Collaborative, helpful, willing to learn and a strong team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Desired expertise, but not required:
- Flow cytometry and sorting
- Yeast and/or phage display
- Antibody engineering/cloning/affinity maturation
- Recombinant protein expression
- Project management
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination status.https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-statusThe potential base pay range for this role, when annualized, is $77,200.00 - $115,600.00. The actual base pay offered may vary based on a number of factors including job-related qualifications such as knowledge, skills, education, and experience; location; and/or schedule (full or part-time). Dependent on the position offered, incentive plans, bonuses, and/or other forms of compensation may be offered, in addition to a range of health and welfare and/or other benefits.
What gets me most excited about being part of
Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.