IT Project Manager
The Technical Project Manager plans and directs the activities of cross-functional teams to meet business requirements and ensure on-time and on-budget delivery for projects within the business unit. Provides leadership, motivation, support and direction to project teams.
• Defines and delivers one or more concurrent projects ensuring assigned projects are conducted professionally and delivered according to agreed business objectives, schedule and budget.
• Ensures that software is developed consistently within the business and departmental strategic vision.
• Liaises with cross-functional teams such as: Business Architecture, Technical Architecture, Operations & Production and Production Services (Support) groups as necessary to ensure the successful delivery of required projects.
• Manages near-shore, offshore and onshore delivery teams
• Liaises with and manages expectations of stakeholders/product owners and other third-party agencies.
• Under general direction, is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
• Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Works with management across the organisation to define, plan, develop and implement new information products and services. Initiates, plans, executes, controls and closes all project activity.
• Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including internal commercial customers, subject matter experts, production and support, and leads small to medium sized cross-functional teams drawn from these and other groups.
• Plans and manages resource allocations and task assignments within a matrix managed environment. Manages and controls scope, schedule and budget for projects while championing Agile transition within the projects allocated.
• Ensures adherence to quality standards and organisational policies, reviews project deliverables, communicates project status and risks, with associated recommendations, to all stakeholders.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Project management education and experience with focus on product delivery and driving the timelines/tasks/resources to complete quickly and effectively.
• Experience working at implementing and driving Agile methodologies which enforce more effective product delivery to stakeholders preferred
• Experience of managing remote teams in an on-shore/off-shore model
• Experience in understanding business needs and interpreting them into technical requirements
• Exceptional communication skills are needed as much of the communication is by telephone and telecon.
• Be able to demonstrate that they are self-motivated and can work proactively.
• Be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have a proven track record of successful software delivery, including balancing delivery time against budget and client needs.
• Creative / innovative with sound administration ability.
Must have the right to live and work in the UK without visa sponsorship
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network