Sr Consultant, Oncology
Senior Consultant, Oncology
At IQVIA, we look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about careers, we think about contributions.
Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader — a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We’re committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join IQVIA means you’ll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing, and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment, and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered, and can flourish.
The Senior Consultant is responsible for on-time completion of projects or components of large, complex projects for clients in the pharmaceutical or related industries. Identifies and elevates potential new business opportunities.
- Participates or leads teams in the design, development and delivery of consulting projects or components of larger, complex projects.
- Effectively leads and manages custom APLD patient consulting project teams and provides direction and guidance to Analysts and Consultants assigned to the engagement.
- Train and mentor junior team members and other functional members.
- Reviews and analyzes client requirements or problems and assists in the development of cost effective and quality solutions that ensure profitability and high client satisfaction.
- Develops detailed business documentation and specifications.
- Performs qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client specific solutions.
- Designs, structures and delivers client reports and presentations that are appropriate to the characteristics or needs of the audience.
- Recommends improvements and alternative solutions to resolve problems.
- Provides follow-up with client after project deliverable has been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- May identify new business opportunities of follow-on work and new leads at assigned client.
- Proactively develops broader and deeper knowledge of related consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and participation in training opportunities.
- Begins to develop practice specific subject matter expertise.
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 – 8 years of related experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry. MBA or master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven record of high performance and substantial achievements in your past positions.
- Demonstrated problem solving aptitude and critical thinking skills, with the ability to synthesize data.
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to patient level study design, analytics, translation of data/analytics into actionable insights.
- Works willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals and is effective working in a matrix environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, juggle priorities and deliver with tight deadlines.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Managerial courage, resilience, and ability to adjust to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent presentation, communication and client influencing skills.
- Working knowledge of IQVIA data or similar data at Patient, Prescriber and Account levels (e.g. Anonymous patient-level data (APLD)).
- Experience with Marketing and/or Market Research studies, such as Source of Business, Length of Therapy, Patient Journeys, etc.
- Experience with developing consultative relationships with senior level managers and executives at clients in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Experience in commercial aspects of the Pharmaceutical industry and data
Additional Skills and Knowledge of Interest:
- Knowledge of market research and consulting methodologies, tools and techniques related to functional area.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- Therapeutic area knowledge in various medical conditions including but not limited to Oncology, Immunology, Diabetes, Cardiovascular, Vaccines, and rare and orphan diseases
- Solid project management skills and client influencing and relationship building skills.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network