- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, modifies, and maintains software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Interacts with stakeholders, including Product Owners, Production, Support, etc. to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Assists in the preparation of costs analyses and justifications of software enhancements and/or new products.
- Provides input into system configuration and architecture, working closely with the CIO and Development teams
- Tracks and defines work within JIRA.
- Monitors effective hardware utilization, reviews system logic for optimum throughput.
- Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Prepares feasibility studies to evaluate requirements for server and software upgrades.
- Creates implementation and validation plans in support of changes to the application
- Project planning, and estimation of developer tasks
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline, or knowledge acquired through equivalent experience, and a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in systems and software development.
- 7+ years of experience in Unix (HP-US or AIX) and Linux administration.
- Should be able to program new shell scripts, modify existing shell scripts.
- Strong Oracle SQL skills, stored procedures, database concepts & PL/SQL
- Experience with Windows Server OS, .NET applications and SQL Server.
Good to have skills:
- ESP (Cybermation)
- Willingness to work in off hours as needed by project demands
- Ability to work with offshore counterparts
- Strong communication skills, including ability to train/present complex technical concepts.
- Willing to learn new tools and technologies
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network