Senior Laboratory Data Analyst
- Identification of the database set up and programming gaps and solves issues through using the global issue escalation/communication policy
- Understanding and verification of error logs generated by various systems and SAS programs and communicate effectively to the programming/support team to resolve if any issues in the Data Transmission
- Independently, create and/or review new SAS programs created according to requirements and maintain proper documentation
- Capable of taking up, independently or providing inputs for, SAS programming activities pertaining to ongoing study requirements or any other adhoc projects in the department
- Create and/or review all appropriate data management documents
- Understand and comply with core standard operating procedures and working instructions
- Develop and maintain good communications and working relationships with department team. Serve as back-up for other Data Analysts
- Interact with internal and external team members to negotiate timelines and responsibilities
- Train and mentor junior staff in department processes and expertise
- Ensure service and quality meet agreed upon timelines and deliverables in data transmission agreements. Ensure quality checks performed on data files before transmission and obtain peer-review where required. Review own work for accuracy and completeness
- Record all evidence of the data transmission process from data file definition to closure of study. Ensure that all specification and design documentation are filed and stored according to company policy
- Ensure the internal and external customer queries are timely addressed and resolved effectively
- Multiple communication styles and skill to effectively broker, audience specific [peers, senior team members, internal/external customers] business and interpersonal relationships that lead to positive outcomes and successful business results
- Perform other duties as directed by the functional manager.
- Serve as Local/External Lab Lead for global studies, which includes being the primary local lab contact for customers, CRAs, and site monitors
- Acts as primary resource for researchers, Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Medical Laboratory Technicians and/or Assistants in the technical area to resolve data questions
- Provides scientific and technical advice and communicates appropriately to ensure delivery to the customer's satisfaction, on time and within budget
- Develops formal documentation for position as required by operation procedures many of which outline specific requirements for managing local lab data
- Leads and manages the delivery of projects through full data management study lifecycle, from setup to lock
- Leads the identification and resolution of service level issues, as well as the proactive development of contingency plans to mitigate laboratory risk
- Works with customers, scientific team, data managers and internal team members to manage issue escalation, workload projections, and provide technical expertise
- Interacts and communicates with internal and external customers to ensure that timelines are met and that data is delivered following company guidelines and regulatory compliance
- With minimal guidance, manages project timelines and quality issues, and identifies and justifies out-of-scope client requests
- Assists internal team with data entry, review and validation of laboratory reports, and serves as back-up contact when needed
- Performs comprehensive quality control and edit check procedures, identifies quality control improvements
- Understands and complies with core standard operating procedures and working instructions
- Interacts with internal and external team members to negotiate timelines and responsibilities
- Directs, mentors and trains junior staff in local/external lab expertise
- Supports service delivery with comprehensive process and technical expertise in executing projects which includes identifying and resolving issues. Effectively works on corrective and develop preventive action plans
- Ensures that all specification and design documentation are filed and stored according to company policy
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare-related fields.
- Prior / Current experience in Data Management and SAS Programming will be advantageous.
- Requires basic knowledge of SAS Programming and Data Management procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Strong customer-focus perspective with skill to guide customer communications and customer management.. Self-driven.
- Keen attention to detail to anticipate, address and/or escalate issues, with aptitude to embrace and be conduit for change.
- Project and task management capabilities to meet/exceed deliverables.
- Effective problem solving skills as well as ability to proactively identifying process improvements which reduce operational costs and maintain quality.
- Quality conscious with high degree of ethics and integrity carrying out duties in accordance to laws, regulatory standards, and with company policies and procedures.
- Computer proficiency including word processing, spreadsheet and Power Point applications.
- Good understanding of medical, clinical research, and Lab Data Management process and terminology.
- Knowledge on elicitation of the data requirements and authoring specifications.
- Knowledge on various regulatory requirements such as FDA, ICH, ISO HL7, and GLP (Good Laboratory Practices).
- Strong customer-focus perspective with skill to guide customer communications and customer management.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://q2labsolutions.com/careers
Similar JobsSee More Jobs
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.