Clinical Research Associate, Full-Service, (Portugal)
Location: Oeiras, Portugal
Take your therapeutic expertise to the next level and help drive the evolution of clinical development for a variety of sponsors.
As a Clinical Research Associate within our full-service model, you’ll have the opportunity to embrace your passion for a specific therapeutic
area and work with cutting-edge technology developed specifically for CRAs by CRAs. With access to world-class training and professional
development, we’ll give you the tools you need to create the career you want.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: Yes
What makes CRAs aligned to our full-service model successful? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
As you grow your CRA career at IQVIA, you’ll play an important role in helping our customers drive healthcare forward and impact the lives of patients around the world.
IQVIA empowers you to drive your own path within the organization. As no person’s route is the same and the clinical research landscape is forever changing, you are encouraged to continually seek career growth opportunities and to align your interests with your career goals.Lauren, Senior Clinical Research Associate 2
I really enjoy the diversity of teams and clients the CRA role provides, in addition to the ability to speak with so many different key opinion leaders across the country. Progressing through to a Senior CRA, and now acting as Lead CRA for one of our largest gastroenterology studies, I'm excited at the continued opportunities for success and growth in clinical leadership.Joseph, Senior Clinical Research Associate 2
I work with the most incredible brave minds. We share energy and passion to bring new medicines to the market.Carolina, Senior Director, R&D Solutions
Resources that promote your career growth
Leaders that support flexible work schedules
Programs to help you build your therapeutic knowledge
Dynamic work environments that expose you to new experiences
Clear pathways to success
Protocols aligned to your expertise
Clinical Research Associate, Full-Service, (Portugal)
Join us in our exciting journey!!
As an experienced Clinical Research Associate, you could be looking to broaden your therapeutic, geographic or study exposure. Or perhaps you are looking a future beyond monitoring with our selection of development opportunities. At IQVIA, you’ll have training and development to plan and progress your career in the direction you choose; we do not believe in a ‘career ceiling.’
This role is working in our core clinical site management function. The team works with multiple sponsors across a multitude of therapy areas and phases giving you the opportunity to improve and develop your experience. With strategic site relationship managers supporting you throughout your role this is a fantastic opportunity for you to embed yourself in the wider clinical operations team and work on ground-breaking new medicine development.
The role: Responsibilities
- Perform site selection, initiation, monitoring and close-out visits and work with sites to adapt, drive and track subject recruitment plans.
- Administer protocol and related study training to assigned sites and establish regular lines of communication.
- Evaluate the quality and integrity of study site practices related to the proper conduct of the protocol and adherence to applicable regulations – escalating quality issues as appropriate.
- Manage the progress of assigned studies by tracking regulatory submissions and approvals, recruitment and enrolment, case report form (CRF) completion and submission, and data query generation and resolution.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation regarding site management, monitoring visit findings and action plans
- If appropriate, co-monitoring, training and mentoring of junior members in the team
Our ideal candidate: Skills & other requirements
- In depth knowledge and skill in applying applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- In depth therapeutic and protocol knowledge as provided in company training
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including good command of English and Portuguese
- Bachelor's degree in a health care or other scientific discipline or educational equivalent
- Mínimum 1 year of independent on-site monitoring experience
What we offer:
- We offer genuine career development opportunities for those who want to grow as part of the organisation
- The chance to work on cutting edge medicines right at the forefront of new medicines development
- IQVIA has access to significant data pools allowing better site selection and recruitment. This helps drive performance of sites making the CRA role more efficient and discussions at site more productive. Next generation clinical development!
- As a CRA you will receive an iPad and use of key developments such as site visit app’s, site visit report app’s that allow CRA’s to do their day job more efficiently.
- Flexible conditions and an attractive remuneration package
We invite you to join IQVIA™
- Recognized by Great Place to Work as the second best company to work for in Spain (March 2019)
- FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies list for the third year in a row.
- Recognized by the 2016 Scrip Awards as the Best Full-service Provider Contract Research Organization (CRO)
- Awarded the 2016 Eagle Award from the Society for Clinical Research Sites (SCRS) for the fourth consecutive year.
- A site-nominated award recognizing contract research organizations (CRO) and biopharmaceutical sponsors dedicated to building positive relationships with research sites through leadership, professionalism and integrity.
- IQVIA™ named in The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) 2017 Global Outsourcing 100® List which recognizes the world’s best service providers across a range of industries.
IQVIA™ is an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on qualifications and merit. We prohibit discrimination based on any unlawful consideration such as age, race, national origin, gender or other "protected status.“
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
Are you interested or do you know the ideal candidate?
- If you know the right candidate or for more information on this role please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note is necessary that your application is registered in our Talent Network to process your candidacy
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network