Associate Director, Health Economics EMEA - GR/PT
Job Title: Associate Director - Health Economics
Location: Athens, Greece or Lisbon, Portugal
Department: EMEA Region, Real World Services
We are looking for driven candidates seeking to launch their career in Health Economics and join our regional European team to help our clients improve their clinical, scientific and commercial results. You will work in a dynamic, global company of over 67,000 employees in more than 100 countries with a broad range of healthcare information, technology and service offerings.
Our clients operate in the life sciences industry, including the global top 20 pharmaceutical, medical device and biotech companies, as well as public health providers and regulatory authorities. They are looking for insight and evidence around the safety, efficacy, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of health care delivery systems, medical devices, and pharmaceutical products spanning the full spectrum of therapeutic and disease areas. Our diverse mix of clients, the breadth of disease areas, as well as increasing access to novel data sources and methodologies provide a constant and rewarding challenge for our people.
For more information about our company please visit our website: https://www.iqvia.com/
You will work from our office in Athens or Lisbon and report into our EMEA Regional Business Unit, with focus on the European market, supporting our Health Economics team. Typical projects include Health Technology Assessment (HTA) submissions in EU markets and UK, global value dossier, systematic literature reviews, (network) meta-analyses, development (or adaptation) of economic models (e.g. budget impact, cost-effectiveness) and dissemination of the results by means of posters and manuscripts. The audience for these analyses will be various pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical technology companies.
As part of a broader team you will:
- Provide technical input and strategic guidance on large and complex projects – both local and global – across HEOR business areas and the full breadth of therapeutic areas, ensuring high-quality, on-time and on-budget delivery
- Distil strategic insights from analytics that generate value for our clients
- Develop tailored solutions to specific client problems and marshal their implementation
- Provide technical training sessions, coach and mentor junior and senior team members, foster the career development of line reports
- Drive business development by generating and responding to new business opportunities, and by developing and maintaining close client relationships
- Promote and advance the internal and external team profile through contributions to thought leadership, methods development, and academic collaborations
- Lead collaborations with other business areas and functions of the organisation to deliver client services and drive the development of new offerings
Qualifications and Skills
- BSc or equivalent in pharmacy, biology, economics, mathematics, statistics or another relevant discipline
- MSc or PhD or equivalent in health economics, biostatistics, epidemiology or related discipline
- You have many years of consulting experience with strong project management experience and capabilities, coupled with an analytic mind set and excellent problem-solving skills
- You have deep knowledge of HEOR/RWE methods and approaches, advanced knowledge of consulting methodologies, general business practices and clients’ business models/needs, as well as a good understanding of the wider health care sector
- You have excellent business acumen and commercial awareness grounded in demonstrable business development experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English– applications should be sent in English
- Eligibility to work in Greece or Portugal without visa sponsorship
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network