Solution Sales Specialist - Financial Institutions
IQVIA currently provides proprietary data and information to a large number of Financial Institutions globally. Complementing this, our Financial Institutions Consulting (FIC) team partners with financial investors (e.g. private equity, venture capital, hedge funds) to support healthcare and life sciences investment decisions, including commercial and technical due diligence.
Moving forward, IQVIA is looking to grow and tailor its offerings and go-to-market approach towards Financial Institutions, taking a holistic approach to the channel. To support this strategy, we have an exciting opportunity for a Solutions Sales Specialist.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career, operating in a truly multi-cultural, collegial and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
- Role: Support and enable growth of the FIC venture capital business, including consulting, data, and analytics offerings. Participate in ongoing development and refinement of go-to-market strategy, client development, and relationship management. Meet or exceed revenue target.
- Requirements: Extensive experience and fluency working in, or with, life sciences venture capital firms and/or their portfolio companies. 5+ years life sciences sales experience. Experience exceeding sales targets in a consulting and/or data organization preferred.
Introduction - Solution Sales Specialist
Develops new venture capital (VC) business for FIC, providing the product expertise and sales acumen to identify & qualify revenue opportunities, proactively manage the selling process, and close the sale in both existing and new accounts.
- Achieves growth & revenue targets for VC offerings within FIC, through a consultative sales approach that solves client business issues.
- Proactively strengthens in-depth knowledge of FIC’s VC offerings and their application within the VC ecosystem (including investors and small/emerging biopharma companies).
- Contributes to account planning strategy.
- Interfaces with customer at all levels.
- Supports client proposals that result in winning sales.
- Stays informed regarding delivery, implementation, and customer satisfaction.
- Seeks “starburst” opportunities within existing customers to grow revenue opportunities across the IQVIA suite of offerings.
- As part of the sales process, gathers market and client intelligence and provides strategic feedback to Marketing, Consulting, Service, and Sales to strengthen or product offerings and capture additional business.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Five (5) years of sales or account management experience, focused on VC investors or portfolio companies required.
- Possesses knowledge of key marketplace issues for the pharmaceutical industry and life sciences VC specifically.
- Track record as a superior and successful salesperson, with excellent presentation and writing skills, a sense of urgency, and ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must have successful experience identifying and closing new business opportunities and developing positive relationships at all levels of client management.
- Key Characteristics: Revenue-driven, knowledgeable, consultative, problem-solving, customer focus, creative, resourceful, fast & flexible, team player, organized, effective negotiator.
In addition to the skills and experience above, the Solution Sales Specialist should have:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Fluency in English (Spoken/Written).
A willingness and ability to travel.
Right to live and work in the United States.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network