Principal, Financial Institutions Consulting
Location: New York, New York; Cambridge, Massachusetts; Parsippany, New Jersey; Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Build a rewarding career in life sciences consulting and forge your own path. Partner with collaborative teams and leaders across unique projects and geographies, delivering innovative solutions to the most complex healthcare problems along the way. Working at IQVIA means changing outcomes for patients one data set, product offering, and innovative solution at a time.
As a Consultant at IQVIA, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career and explore opportunities in brand and integrated research solutions, go-to-market strategy, commercial excellence, real world data, financial investor consulting, and more.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes a Consultant at IQVIA successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
“I joined IQVIA after graduating from university and am grateful for the fantastic opportunities I’ve been able to pursue over the last four years. I’ve had the chance to work with inspiring managers who have supported me with both professional and personal development. I am thrilled to move forward in my career at IQVIA!”Arthur, Consultant, Financial Institutions
“I simultaneously work on a number of customer-commissioned projects in multiple therapeutic areas using various primary research methodologies. This variety is what makes my role at IQVIA so interesting. It allows me to learn from my colleagues and customers alike and helps me to understand how the work we do supports the improvement of patient care.”Julia, Senior Consultant, Brand and Integrated Research Solutions
“Working at IQVIA as a consultant has given me the opportunity to gain a broad range of skills and experience across multiple disease areas and at different stages of the product lifecycle. This has supported my career development and accelerated my growth. If you enjoy learning new things and working on global projects, you will definitely enjoy working at IQVIA.”Kevin, Consultant, Brand and Integrated Research Solutions
“One of the things I like most about working at IQVIA is the supportive environment that helps you achieve your full potential.”Ana, Consultant, Financial Institutions
“Working in healthcare consulting is inspiring! I am glad to be part of a close community that brings together diverse experiences and critical thinkers to help our customers move treatments forward that can change patients’ lives.”Jose, Principal, Consulting Services
Environments that advance your skillset
Clear pathways to success
Work in distinctive areas of expertise
Projects that solve complex problems in new ways
Teams that work together to achieve one common goal
Programs to help build knowledge and gain skills
Principal, Financial Institutions Consulting
Principal, Financial Institutions Consulting (Remote)
The Global Financial Institutions Consulting group (FIC) is a recently formed team that focuses on partnering with Financial Investors (e.g., private equity, venture capital, hedge funds) to support their investment decisions in healthcare/life sciences companies and offer value-creation partnerships that maximize ROI and generate significant business pull-through for IQVIA. As such, the FIC team engages with healthcare/life sciences investors globally to provide thought leadership on strategy, due diligence, company screening, carve-outs, divestments, and portfolio company value creation.
As a Principal within the FIC team, you will take on an important role that focuses primarily on client/project leadership, business development, and firm/operational leadership. This includes delivering outstanding client service, while building trusted relationships with new and existing clients that enhance the FIC brand. Success will be measured by the ability to take on larger and more complex projects, while driving new business and creating long term, strategic partnerships for the firm.
- Develop and deliver insightful, value-added strategies that address complex client issues.
- Create and elevate new business opportunities and identify new revenue opportunities with existing and new client organizations by cultivating a significant network within the PE and VC communities.
- Actively participate in proposal development and ongoing pre-sales meetings with potential new client organizations.
- Act as principal owner of client engagements; ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high levels of quality/added value.
- Provide follow-up with clients after project deliverables have been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Allocate direction, advice, and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams.
- Provide high level input and ensure development of client reports and presentations.
- Ability to deliver all or significant portions of findings to clients.
- Remain current on industry, clients, and competitive trends in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues with assigned clients.
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of Consulting Services in the marketplace through speaking engagements, client meetings, publications, etc.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE will have:
• Experience as the owner of Private Equity Client Relationship Management and Delivery with financial investors in healthcare/life sciences (PE, VC, Hedge Funds).
• Proven capability to identify new revenue opportunities with existing clients.
- Solid Team Development and Management experience.
- Proven success in Business Development, selling complex strategy and operations engagements.
- Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences Strategy Experience, selling due diligence, valuation, and strategy work.
- Senior Level Solution Selling - Proven ability to build relationships, identify client pain points, and develop custom solutions at the CEO/COO/CFO level (ideally providing comprehensive and authoritative knowledge in strategy, due diligence and transaction advisory solutions demonstrated through speaking, writing, and general eminence).
- Global and US Private Equity/VC Network knowledge - Has the experience to craft client strategies that are specific to international geography.
- Good understanding of Financial Statements & Corporate Financeincluding P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree highly preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in consulting, corporate development, or within a financial institution (private equity, venture capital, hedge fund, etc.) with a focus on M&A / commercial due diligence within the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare sector.
- Evidence of career progression in consulting and/or transaction advisory roles.
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-statusNew York City Pay Transparency : The salary range for this role is $201,300 - $272,200.The actual salary will vary based on factors like candidate qualifications and competencies.
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network