Oncology Strategy Director/Sr Director
This position will be instrumental to the successful growth and development of IQVIA Biotech’s Oncology Division, predominantly serving as a strategic consultant for clients, as well as internal liaison across functional areas with a focus on therapeutic differentiation and securing new business. Specific functions include new study strategy and proposal development, sales process/team training and support, internal divisional development, cross-functional process enhancement, and market program execution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with VPOS to develop a sales strategy to enable the Oncology Division (OD) to achieve its near- and long-term authorization, revenue and profitability goals
- Supports IQVIA Biotech’s global sales and proposals teams and processes with training, messaging, content development, and strategic planning towards achievement of above
- Guides efforts dedicated to oncology throughout the sales cycle, with focus on initial positioning with potential clients and strategic participation throughout the proposal and bid defense process; Ultimate goal is optimization of IQVIA Biotech’s ability to capture new business (maximizing new business hit rate) and alignment with internal capabilities to assure quality delivery and repeat business
- Develops strong working relationships with key members of the IQVIA Biotech operational management team, especially leadership within the OD, to ensure Sales and Operational goals are aligned
- Suggests operational process improvements to the leaders of the OD and appropriate functions to align with the needs of potential clients, particularly around ways to differentiate the OD to improve oncology sales effectiveness and operational delivery
- Works with Proposals & Contracts (P&C) and Operational leadership to develop budgeting standards for Oncology-specific situational bids; aligns with OD vertical specialization and works with functional leads to suggest bidding algorithms accordingly
- Coordinates with the VPOS and Director of Marketing to customize an IQVIA Biotech marketing plan that augments business development efforts
- Actively involved with industry events to gather intelligence and enhance the public perception and market penetration of the OD; provides training on industry intelligence back to internal teams
- Supports growth and organization development strategies, including 3rd party partnerships, both organic and inorganic, in conjunction with the Executive Management/OD leadership teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated expertise of the clinical research service and biotechnology industries
- Demonstrated expertise around the lifecycle of oncology drug development with ability to strategically analyze oncology clinical trial protocols
- Familiarity with the sales process and service model of clinical research services
- Demonstrated ability to interact across numerous functional groups (both external and internal personnel) and in a team-based work environment
- Demonstrated expertise in branding, marketing, and strategic targeting of an oncology-specific message
- Strong technical and computer skills to support data analysis, customization, and reporting
- Strong relationship development, communications, presentation, and negotiations skills
- Ability to translate market dynamics and trends into action through effective planning and process/team support
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter, showing personal initiative and resourcefulness to drive results
- Excellent judgment in the execution of the duties and responsibilities of this position
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA CRITERIA:
- Very little physical effort required to perform normal job duties
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience specifically in the oncology therapeutic area in either the academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or clinical research industries
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in oncology clinical trial implementation, therefore having the ability to analyze a protocol and develop strategic pricing and operational solutions; This individual must have strong oncology therapeutic experience with demonstrated exposure to a customer service setting. Global experience preferred
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree (MS, MD, PhD) in Oncology/relevant healthcare related field preferred
- Recent experience in operational and/or business development roles at a biotechnology company or CRO with a specific focus towards oncology
- Fluency with Excel and PowerPoint manipulation to facilitate budget analysis and presentations
- Comfort with proposal development and market differentiation/branding
This position is exempt/non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act; employees are not eligible for overtime compensation.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network