Sr. Stat Programmer
IQVIA Biotech is seeking a Sr. Statistical Programmer in LATAM:
Develop and validate SAS programs to perform data standardization, presentation, and analysis. Provide programming support to project team members and other Statistical Programmers. Provide statistical programming technical expertise and leadership on project teams. Train and mentor other Statistical Programmers.
- Create SDTM annotated CRFs, programming specifications, and reviewer’s guides.
- Provide feedback on and perform updates of specifications for ADaM, other derived datasets, and tables, listings, and figures.
- Develop and validate SDTM, ADaM, and other derived datasets and tables, listings, and figures.
- Create define.xml for SDTM and ADaM.
- Complete programming documentation such as updating development trackers, issue trackers, and program revision history.
- Perform independent code review and unit testing (as needed) and utilize source code management software.
- Ensure that project tasks are completed with acceptable quality for both internal and external clients.
- Implement process improvement initiatives.
- Provide training, mentoring, and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Perform other duties that may be requested by management.
- Perform lead programmer responsibilities on multiple projects with minimal oversight:
- Review and provide input to project timelines and ensure that project timelines are met for both internal and external clients.
- Review and provide comments on tables, listings, and figures data display documents.
- Set up programming environment including project templates, macros, and trackers.
- Assume responsibility for project study budget and scope of work, identify and estimate out of scope effort and forecast hours and resources for programing function.
- Manage programming effort for deliverables, including coordination of programming activity among team of assigned programmers, tracking programming effort, handling delivery documentation, and facilitating communication with other team members.
- Archive relevant documentation and deliverables. File code/output/documentation associated with client delivery to defined electronic folder structures on an ongoing basis and perform final archival activity at study close.
- Attend internal team meetings and relevant client team meetings as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, analytical sciences, or a related field with 4-5 years of relevant experience OR
- Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, analytical sciences, or a related field with 3 years prior relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of programming, statistics and/or the clinical drug development process
- Advanced knowledge of statistical computing applications such as Base SAS, SAS/STAT, and SAS macro language
- Advanced knowledge of CDISC standards
- Advanced knowledge of programming and validation methods and the software development life cycle
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn new programming languages, technology, tools, and processes
STANDARD ADA SETTINGS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard ADA Selection: Office Environment
- Frequently sit at a desk or table with some walking, standing, bending, stooping, or carrying of light objects.
- Frequently use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate objects and/or operation equipment
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network