Medical Sales Representative (Cardiometabolic)
- Delivers profitability and recognition for the organization by selling and providing services to customers utilizing organization tools, techniques, and intellectual capital to assist the healthcare industry by bettering processes, implementing new technologies; and accruing new technical capabilities to meet pharmaceutical and medical demands.
- Maximizes sales growth by relying on a comprehensive knowledge of one or more therapeutic disciplines and/or specialty areas to secure repeat business and gain customer loyalty.
- Targets, promotes, and sells specialized products or services; identifies target customers and producers; achieves sales targets; maintains an up-to-date understanding of products and clinical efficacy, proximity to specialist market trends or developments and customer satisfaction.
- In line with Company strategy and objectives, maximize sales growth within in a specified geographical territory or target industry, relying on developing knowledge of one or more therapeutic disciplines and or specialty areas in order to secure repeat business and gain customer loyalty.
- This is generally achieved by educating and informing the target audience on the features and benefits of the specialty product(s) versus competitor products in order to increase prescriptions and or use by the healthcare professionals.
- Achieve assigned activity goals and targets for the territory as agreed with the reporting manager.
- Within a specific geographical territory, identify target customers and physician profiling while maintaining and analyzing customer records.
- Conduct sales interviews, carry out pre-call planning and preparation and develop a self analytical approach in order to identify learning areas from each call.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the product (s) clinical efficacy and be able to state the features and benefits of the customer’s products based on a developing understanding of the specialty area or therapeutic discipline.
- Successfully manage objections and or issues raised, escalating more sensitive or complex queries.
- Maintain records in the reporting systems within the required timescales.
- Effectively utilize the relevant software (e.g. Electronic Territory Management System, CRM systems) to maintain records updated and to report daily calls
- Coordinate group events related to speciality area to optimize business while complying with relevant country legislation.
- Keep Line Manager informed about changes in competitor activities and other market changes.
- Attend training courses and or seminars to continue to develop and deepen knowledge within specialty and disease areas and read relevant publications as per customer profile.
- Keep all Company equipment safe and in a good state of repair.
- Share experiences, ideas and techniques in order to assist with the sales training of colleagues.
- Discuss, agree and document assigned activity, Key Performance Indicator tools, and targets as agreed with Line Manager.
- Successfully complete career development courses and additional training as required by the customer.
- Ensure the reporting of any identified Adverse Events in line with prevailing process and guidelines.
- Project a professional impression of the Company and act in accordance with the relevant Pharmaceutical Industry’s Code of Practice
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Require 1 - 2 years of prior relevant experience in Medical Sales .
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences / Pharmacy / Business or related field
- Good understanding of Healthcare Market and related procedures.
- Fluency software operating systems, such as MS Office and customer relationship management systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct face to face presentations to customers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network