VP, Integrated Safety Managing Director
VP, Integrated Safety Managing Director
Safety is a required function within Life Sciences companies which enables them to maintain regulatory compliance, bring their products to market and keep them there. IQVIA has a broad Safety offering portfolio of managed services, data, consulting and technology solutions.
As the Vice President, Integrated Safety Managing Director within IQVIA’s Safety Solutions pillar, you will be focused on proactive sales, client engagement, solution development and delivery oversight for integrated tech-enabled services solutions for Safety customers.
- Proactive Integrated Solution Sales: Identifies accounts and customers to proactively propose integrated tech-enabled services solutions. Leads the sales process to coordinate customer engagement, solutioning, proposal development and bidding of integrated Safety solutions. Delivers assigned sales target.
- Client & Account Engagement: Coordinates and collaborates with the IQVIA account team, sales, operations and marketing to engage in thought leadership efforts and proactive account engagement strategies to introduce and sell integrated Safety solutions. Develop senior-level client relationships in Safety in coordination with operational and account teams.
- Solutioning: Responsible for working with the client to identify, develop and build integrated Safety solutions, including optimal operating model, that address a key client need or issue. Tasked with bringing together key capabilities in an integrated approach and leveraging IQVIA sales, finance, tech and operations to translate solution into proposals.
- Delivery Oversight: Leads delivery program and drives client success/satisfaction related to integrated Safety solution projects in collaboration with safety operations and tech. Serves as primary point of contact for customer and accountable for successful program delivery. Works to ensure proposed solution meets client expectations, desired IQVIA financials (manages deal P&L) and solution specifications by coordinating with services and tech delivery teams.
- Input into Offering Development: Provide customer feedback to capability development teams to help shape product roadmaps and investments.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have a track record of success across the majority of the following competencies:
- Business Development - Proven success selling complex solutions to the top Pharma/Life Sciences companies. Actively participates in proposal development and ongoing pre-sales meetings with potential new client organizations.
- Safety/PV Expertise - Ability to speak in detail with senior level customers about their Safety/PV needs and challenges, specifically in the life sciences industry
- Senior Level Solution Selling - Proven ability to build relationships, identify client pain points, and develop custom solutions at the VP level and above (ideally providing comprehensive and authoritative knowledge in Safety solutions demonstrated through speaking, writing, and general eminence).
- Communications/Executive Presence – Expresses ideas clearly and concisely; tailors message to target audience with the gravitas to build relationships to sell solutions.
- Industry Trends - Maintains a constant focus on industry, client and competitive trends in Safety/PV. Applies this knowledge to client development activities.
- Clear Oral Communication - Ability to speak clearly and fluently. Demonstrates a logical, structured approach, adapts to the needs of the situation and the nature of the audience; confirms the audience has understood the message. Beyond presenting clearly, this competency is also concerned with ensuring strong two-way communication.
- Clear Written Communication - Ability to write clearly and succinctly. Adapts style and content; meets demands of the situation and audience. Communicates clearly and effectively uses well-structured, logical arguments and avoids unnecessary technical or complex language.
- Commercial Awareness - Considers flow of money and resources through an organization and the need to get maximum value at each stage. Seeks to achieve commercial objectives, such as profitability, so the business can be as competitive and successful as possible. Balances profitability and need to reduce cost for sales.
- Customer Focus - Develops strong, lasting client relationships. Possesses desire to understand and satisfy customers’ needs and exceed expectations whenever possible.
- Influencing - Balances the need to shape outcomes in the short term while maintaining successful long-term relationships. Knows how to motivate and inspire to achieve a common goal and demonstrates key strategic negotiation tactics. Uses personal and professional contacts to influence people across teams or organizations.
Qualifications & Other Requirements
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining IQVIA as a Vice President, Integrated Safety Managing Director, you should have:
- A strong academic track record including minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant graduate degree preferred (further personal/industry qualifications are valued but are not essential)
- At least 15 years professional experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and healthcare industry with evidence of career progression
- Demonstrable customer-facing experience in Safety/PV, preferably in a sales capacity
- A strong track record of management, leadership and people development
- A willingness and ability to travel to client locations
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Right to live and work in the recruiting country
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network