Senior Analytics Consultant (healthcare/life sciences)
Senior Analytics Consultant, (healthcare/life sciences)
Predictive Analytics, Real-World Solutions Technology
This person will be required to support open-ended activities in areas that are strategy focused as well as end-to-end project management. This is an exciting role, responsible for delivering Predictive Analytics core offerings involving disease modeling applications using machine learning. The specific tasks to be carried out include execution of disease detection and disease progression projects for commercial pharmaceutical clients and healthcare providers. At IQVIA we look for the very best people and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about jobs and tasks – we think about career growth and contributions. By joining us you will become part of a fast-paced, highly skilled data science team that takes their professionalism very seriously. This opportunity is open to home-based working, though please note that successful candidates must reside in the UK.
- Help drive strategic initiatives in areas such as development of digital health tools for pharmaceutical clients and healthcare providers
- Overall project management for 2-3 projects concurrently.
- Oversight of translation of client requirements into technical specifications
- Contribution to on-going development of tools and functionality through, for example, requirements gathering, scoping or project management and stakeholder feedback
Our Predictive Analytics team is a fast-growing group of collaborative, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals! In our never-ending quest for opportunities to harness the value of Real World Evidence (RWE), we are at the centre of IQVIA’s advances in areas such as machine learning and big data technology. Our efforts improve under-diagnosis of rare diseases, personalised treatment response, disease progression predictions, and clinical decision-support tools.
You will join this high-profile team to work on ground-breaking problems in health outcomes across several disease areas including Oncology, Neurology, Chronic diseases such as diabetes, and a variety of very rare conditions. The Predictive Analytics team is made of data scientists, machine learning engineers, software developers, consultants experts in real-world data and in the pharma market and it collaborates across the wider global RWI team, leveraging a variety of anonymous patient-level information from sources such as electronic health records. The data encompasses IQVIA’s access to over 530 million anonymised patients as well as bespoke, custom partnerships with healthcare providers and payers.
Our ideal candidate:
- (Essential) Experience in healthcare / life sciences or the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong consulting and client engagement skills
- Strong stakeholder management throughout the lifecycle of an engagement
- Demonstrated strategic thinking in an innovative environment
- Appetite for understanding and translating client requirements into analytical tasks
Analytics delivery and oversight:
- Strong experience in scoping and planning analytical activities
- Analytical mindset with experience in complex project management including crafting criteria for success to proactive risk monitoring
- Oversight of multiple projects from end to end ensuring timely, high quality deliverables
- Designing, structuring and delivering client reports and presentations for communication of complex methodologies and outputs to a diverse audience
- Background in an analytical domain such as epidemiology, statistics, data visualisation, etc.
- Familiarity with ML algorithms (classification, regression) and study design (how to build models, assess their goodness of fit, etc)
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Familiarity with one or more scientific programming languages such as Python or R
- Knowledge of biostatistics/life sciences/healthcare technology
- Experience with mentoring and training junior team members
The Business Unit: Real-World Solutions (RWS) Technology
Real-World Solutions (RWS) is a market-leading, fast-growing and highly successful business, focusing on delivering tangible business results to clients across healthcare value chain internationally, working with key decision-makers and business managers. RWS teams help clients leverage complex clinically rich patient-level healthcare datasets to understand healthcare treatment patterns and outcomes to make more informed decisions, and deliver results.
The RWS Technology mission is to deliver world class and globally scalable technology platforms and analytics applied to complex and large scale clinical datasets, to support IQVIA’s ongoing and rapid growth in Real World Evidence, as well as the development of new product lines - this requires global leadership across technical and data architecture, software development and data visualisation, privacy management, analytical methods, data science, machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing (NLP) - building upon 100s of novel technologies and methods either published in peer reviewed journals or patented by our team.
The solutions are delivered to a variety of clients across life-science, government, payor or provider organisations. RWS also curates the largest collection of de-identified Real-World Data in the world, from different patient care settings in 18 countries worldwide – the RWES Tech team is at the forefront of “Big Data” in healthcare. Through its mission and skills, the RWS organisation is transforming the way clients create new insights and deliver improved healthcare research and patient outcomes.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. We invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
IQVIA is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success.
We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network