Oncology Real World Evidence Consulting
Our RWS team is integral to the development and application of several unique and robust oncology data offerings, including IQVIA’s Oncology Insights Simulator, a data collaboration which optimises synthetic data in order to perform Real World Evidence studies using Public Health England’s Cancer Analysis System (CAS). As a rapidly growing part of our RWS business, IQVIA’s Oncology Insights Simulator supports retrospective database studies, external comparator studies for regulatory submission, economic models for Health Technology Assessments, national and subnational treatment pathway assessments, and evaluations of molecular testing.
As part of our future RWS growth plans, we are seeking to expand our Oncology Insights Simulator offering with key UK clients as well as establish new data offerings and solutions that help fill vital evidence gaps in oncology.
As a Principal / Director you will lead our UK Oncology Insights Simulator business and be accountable for the revenues and profits generated from such work with UK clients. You will be expected to become an expert in the use of English (NCRAS) oncology EMR data, including knowledge of the strengths, weakness, limitations and use cases for these data.
Your primary day-to-day responsibilities will involve developing relationships with clients, leading sales and delivery of projects, maintaining and improving our working collaboration with our data partners, and raising awareness of IQVIA’s expansive capabilities in this area.
You will report to the overall UK & Ireland Lead for Real World Solutions.
• Lead Business Development activities and project delivery in the oncology space for UK-based Regional HQs and UK Affiliates of pharmaceutical companies, working closely with Key Account Managers and Real World Account Directors
• Lead project teams from the EMEA Data Science delivery hub, ensuring projects are completed on time, to the appropriate quality and at expected margins
• Develop annual and quarterly financial forecasts for the UK Oncology Insights Simulator business
• Meet with Sales Operations and Senior Management to communicate updates to forecasts, complying with company revenue recognition rules
• Collaborate with colleagues in other UK functions such as Market Access, Consulting, Commercial Effectiveness, and others, to define, develop and deliver solutions to address cross-functional client needs
• Increase IQVIA’s profile in the area of Real World Evidence oncology solutions and synthetic data by attending industry conferences and events, submitting articles to industry publications, generating valuable external content (blogs, white papers, etc.) and hosting in-person and virtual client events
• Maintain relationships with our data partners and foster collaboration with various IQVIA teams supporting these projects
• Identify opportunities to develop additional IQVIA services and solutions leveraging English Oncology EMR data and IQVIA’s other capabilities, working closely with IQVIA colleagues in Offering Development to action these opportunities
• Contribute to the development of a marketing and communications plan with support from UK marketing team
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- Degree educated preferably in life sciences
- Experience working at management level with responsibility for leading business initiatives and teams
- A proven track record in Real World Evidence generation, or a related area such as healthcare consulting, market access, healthcare management, or data science
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and oncology space
- In-depth understanding of medical research processes
- Thorough understanding of how to leverage various forms of healthcare data (e.g. HES, SACT) to generate insights
- Working knowledge of information governance and broad concepts of synthetic data and their applications
- Ideally already have an established network of contacts in the UK pharmaceutical industry, academia, and/or data-owning bodies
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network