Hands-on Lead Architect
Will lead the development of the architecture of the Pharmaspectra Platform.
The existing team has worked in the last couple of years to rebuild ‘Link’ one of the leading Pharmaspectra products while adding to the company portfolio another two new propositions and a new single sign on capability.
We are looking at complementing the existing team and building more products in the coming years.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has a strong AWS knowledge: we use a few AWS products, in order of importance: Lambdas, DynamoDB, OpenSearch (ElasticSearch), NeptuneDB, SQS, AppSync (Graphql), Cloudfront, RDS, batch, SNS, S3, Cloudwatch, Ecs/Ecr, Codebuild and Codepipeline
- Has experience in Leading teams in an Agile, Collaborative environment
- Can work in an EU/UK time zone: the team works with a remote first setting
- Has experience with Infrastructure as code: We use Pulumi, experience with Terraform or Cloudformation would be a bonus
- Is proficient with Typescript: our infrastructure, backend, and frontend (React.js, Next.js, styled components) are written in Typescript
- Strives for good Practises: TDD (our coverage is above 90%), Refactoring, CI/CD to production, Monitoring and Alerting with Datadog
- Has experience in leading by example and architecting efficient/performant solutions in the cloud
- Has In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, high- performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
Role and responsibilities:
- Drive the evolution of the architecture at Pharmaspectra, aligning it with the existing principles and with the Product vision set by the Head of Product
- Facilitate brainstorming session and stories kick off ensuring the solutions are fit for purpose, scalable, secure, and resilient
- Help keeping both the legacy and new AWS accounts costs low and with high-security standards
- Improve the existing cloud estate with good practises and continuously review the cloud approach
- Lead by example (good coding practises), be hands-on, pair programming with engineers and feedback on code and technical approaches to feature implementation
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network