Healthcare Market Research Director
IQVIA is the world’s leading company providing information, technology, and services for virtually every type of stakeholder in healthcare. Every day, IQVIA innovates on a large scale. We have been the big data company in healthcare before the “Big Data” term was defined. Since 1954 we have been helping healthcare organizations harness commercial and scientific insights and execute on their most strategic initiatives. We develop and operate systems and applications using big data technologies on our private-public hybrid cloud.
IQVIA’s UK-based Primary Intelligence team works closely with other teams within its Commercial Services division and with the wider organisation (Tech, Real-World, Consulting etc…). While the team is based in the UK, the large majority of engagements spans multiple geographies, within and outside Europe. This team leads the design and execution of consulting projects which leverage primary market research to support our clients’ commercial decision making and strategies across a broad range of therapeutic areas and geographical markets. These include ad-hoc and syndicated projects which can be standalone primary market research (PMR) projects or broader consulting engagements with PMR components. We can offer this role on a part time basis as well as full time.
Role Summary and key accountabilities
As a Director / Principal within the UK Primary Intelligence team, you will take on a variety of roles focusing primarily within the following core areas:
- Business development and client relationship with existing and potential clients
- Project leadership
- Operational leadership
- Offering development and innovation
We create a collaborative environment for our team members, who can expect to work across a broad range of teams and geographies. We expect Director / Principals to be emerging leaders of our organization, be self-sufficient and good networkers. They are supported by a broad team who provide industry-leading perspectives and innovative approaches, as well as technical experts in programming, IT Solutions and statistics.
Skills and experience required
- Significant previous healthcare specific primary market research and/or Healthcare & Lifesciences consulting experience with experience in both quantitative and qualitative research
- Able to build and maintain strong client relationship
- Has demonstrated ability to drive new business in market research
- Previous team management experience or mentoring preferred
- Has a proven track record of driving innovation and improvements, both in terms of process and offerings/ research techniques
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills for influencing and advising
- Knowledge and understanding of the marketplace and professional/trade associations key people and companies
- High level of energy, drive and enthusiasm
- Able to manage complex relationships and juggle priorities
- You will need to be eligible to work in the UK/EU without sponsorship
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) to a strong business standard
- There will be a large percentage of remote working
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network