Epidemiology Director (Remote working)
Our goal is to contribute to the body of scientific evidence that allows medical practitioners to treat patients in the most effective way, and health systems to include as many patients as possible. We use data, collected for clinical and other purposes to answer research questions such as "which treatment works best in the real world, beyond the clinical trial setting?"
Join IQVIA and work closely with global clients and other functional groups by providing epidemiology and outcomes research leadership for observational research on the natural history of disease and comparative safety, effectiveness, and cost of medical treatment. Design methodologically sound studies to meet project objectives and regulatory and payer requirements. Conduct and supervise analyses, evaluation and reporting of studies.
- Serves as Project Lead on client facing or internal projects.
- Authors protocols, reports, and other study documents with independent, critical thinking to ensure quality and completeness of output, oversees timeline for deliverables associated with study reporting.
- Reviews and provides relevant epidemiological and outcomes research input to statistical analysis plans and analysis output.
- Reviews and provides epidemiology and outcomes research input for tasks including CRF/eCRF development, form previews and other ad hoc project tasks.
- Independently generates content and direction for business development proposals.
- Interacts with clients including attendance at Bid Defenses and other remote or on-site presentations and discussions.
- Provides methodological review/input for work of peers and junior staff in areas including observational study methods, statistical methods, safety and pharmocovigilance, the selection of instruments and clinical measures to achieve objectives, and sources and measures for resource utilization and costing.
- Identifies client-related, budget-related and internal issues that may require attention or escalation
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree + 12 years relevant education and experience required; Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics or a relevant scientific field and 10 years relevant experience or PhD and 7 years relevant experience preferred
- Ability to design, plan and conduct observational studies of comparative effectiveness, safety, and cost.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients in a global and matrixed environment.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network