Assoc. Director, Operational Transformation (Real-World Evidence)
The Assoc. Operational Effectiveness Director will lead global technology projects delivering innovative solutions that accelerate operational productivity improvements, optimization, and efficiency. This role will focus both on internal and customer-facing technologies. The assoc. director has responsibility for bringing together people, tools, technologies and processes to deliver on Real-world evidence eClinical technology strategy.
The role is ideal for people who quickly learn, apply technology, and who enjoy the thrill of delighting their customers and adding value. Strong technical skills are important—but equal emphasis is placed on operational experience, communication skills, flexibility, teamwork, and personal commitment to continuous improvement.
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
• Drive strategy for design, investment, and implementation of eClinical technologies in RWE (site-facing technology such as portals or eISF solutions; internal technology such as data review tools for data team leads and biostatisticians)
• Serve as lead and advisor for large scale, cross functional, global projects across functional groups, and regions with a data capture, project planning, change/data/process management, compilation, and high quality deliverable generation focus
• Work closely with management, operations and SMEs to document and define business cases including ROI calculations
• Evaluate and provide feedback regarding risks, quality, and overall probability of success to minimize negative impact on project objectives and deliverables
• Manages project activities for staff responsible for project analysis, planning, strategy, and implementation, ensuring projects are meeting or exceeding timelines and expectations enabling successful implementation.
• Facilitate change by influencing people without formal authority
• Manage and cultivate relationships with technology partners
• Proactively ensure adherence to process and change control processes
• Provide advice, support and guidance as needed to serve as mentor to colleagues
• Serve as knowledge expert for service area and contact for senior and executive management reporting on assigned initiatives
• Identify and establish transparent, successful collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
• Lead presentations to executive management
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in business, life sciences or related field and a minimum 6 years clinical research experience in relevant function
• Knowledge of clinical trials - Knowledge of clinical trial conduct, and skill in applying applicable clinical research regulatory requirements i.e., ICH GCP and relevant local laws, regulations and guidelines, towards clinical trial conduct
• Data management or biostats process knowledge preferable
• Experience leading operating model, organization design and/or process improvement initiatives
• Excellent communicator who can simplify complex concepts or data into easily understood narratives adapted for various audiences
• Excellent organizational skills - structured approach and capable of managing competing numerous work streams simultaneously
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to match stakeholder expectations to urgently deliver exceptional results
• Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity; always seeking new approaches and challenging the organization to new levels of success
• Ability to make decisions, bringing clarity to disparate information to inform actions and drive results.
• Ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network