RWE Senior Epidemiologist
Join IQVIA as a Senior Epidemiologist and help us deliver high‑quality Epidemiological scientific research to our clients in the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
Our goal is to contribute to the body of scientific evidence that allows medical practitioners to treat patients in the most effective way, and health systems to include as many patients as possible. Our fast paced and supportive environment attracts individuals who care deeply about the quality, timeliness and subsequent impact of their work; who thrive when exposed to the scale and variety of scientific challenges we face.
Your primary responsibilities would be:
- Providing epidemiology and outcomes research leadership for observational research on the natural history of disease and comparative safety, effectiveness and cost of medical treatment
- Serving as project lead on smaller projects or in support of project lead on larger client facing or internal projects.
- Authoring of protocols, reports and other study documents with independent, critical thinking to ensure quality and completeness of output, overseeing timeline for deliverables associated with analysis and reporting with input and oversight of senior staff.
- Reviewing and providing relevant epidemiological and outcomes research input to statistical analysis plans and analysis output.
- Reviewing and providing epidemiology and outcomes research input for tasks including CRF/eCRF development, form previews and other ad hoc project tasks (e.g., regulatory responses, slide deck development).
- Independently generating content and direction for business development propsals on smaller projects with input from senior staff.
- Interacting with clients as warranted, with senior staff involvement as needed.
To be successful in this role you’ll need :
- MPH, MSc or PhD (or an equivalent degree) in epidemiology, public health or a related discipline
- Post-graduate work experience ideally in Pharmacoepidemiology
- Experience in designing and executing prospective or retrospective epidemiological studies
- Commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with people of other disciplines
- Strong consulting skills
- Ability to meet short deadlines with high quality deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Prior experience working in a consultancy, CRO or healthcare services
- Proven history of successful project management
- Knowledge of real-world data needs of pharmaceutical clients
- Publications in peer reviewed journals, and abstracts (including presentations) in scientific conferences
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network