Scientist, LCMS Biologics
Location: Ithaca, New York
At the forefront of genomics, flow cytometry, anatomic pathology, vaccines, bioanalytical and other laboratory services, we deliver cutting-edge solutions with a continuous investment in innovative laboratory testing capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific expertise alongside industry thought leaders, use advanced technologies and learn pioneering techniques in one of our many state-of-the-art global laboratories.
We treat each sample as if a life depends on it. We know there are patients out there hoping for a cure, and together, we can turn that hope into help.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes Scientists at Q2 Solutions successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
As you progress through your career, you'll play a vital role in helping our customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before, improving healthcare for future generations.
Associate Principal Scientist
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
A career at Q2 Solutions will provide...
Work culture that supports improved work-life balance
Awards & Recognition
Programs that celebrate and recognize accomplishments
Cross-functional idea sharing and thinking to accomplish common goals
Scientist, LCMS Biologics
With limited guidance, perform fundamental LC/MS operations to include:
- LC (including multi-dimensional chromatographic) system setup.
- Mass spectrometer calibration, tuning, and optimization.
- Routine LC/MS analysis (validations, sample analysis, etc).
- Chromatographic peak integration (including post-acquisition processing of high resolution MS data).
- Perform basic LC/MS instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair skills.
- Assist project managers with method troubleshooting through data interpretation, experimental design, and data collection.
- Meet responsibilities and study objectives according to tight timelines.
- Comply with all applicable regulatory standards, including Good Clinical and Good Laboratory Practices.
Minimum required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related field required.
- Two years’ relevant lab experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a GLP laboratory environment.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience with High Resolution Mass Spectrometry as applied to targeted quantitation of biomarkers and biotherapeutics.
- Experience with application of low flow chromatography (nano and/or micro-flow LC) for high throughput analysis.
- Understanding of immunoassay techniques as coupled to LCMS detection approaches.
- Long periods of mental concentration.
- Regular sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.