Associate Scientist,Sample Prep (Sign on bonus offered)
Location: Ithaca, New York; New York
At the forefront of genomics, flow cytometry, anatomic pathology, vaccines, bioanalytical and other laboratory services, we deliver cutting-edge solutions with a continuous investment in innovative laboratory testing capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific expertise alongside industry thought leaders, use advanced technologies and learn pioneering techniques in one of our many state-of-the-art global laboratories.
We treat each sample as if a life depends on it. We know there are patients out there hoping for a cure, and together, we can turn that hope into help.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes Scientists at Q2 Solutions successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
As you progress through your career, you'll play a vital role in helping our customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before, improving healthcare for future generations.
Associate Principal Scientist
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
A career at Q2 Solutions will provide...
Work culture that supports improved work-life balance
Awards & Recognition
Programs that celebrate and recognize accomplishments
Cross-functional idea sharing and thinking to accomplish common goals
Associate Scientist,Sample Prep (Sign on bonus offered)
Responsible for routine sample preparation duties inclusive of troubleshooting routine experiments and the preparation of solutions and reagents.
- Executes routine techniques to ensure biological sample is prepared for subsequent analysis.
- Executes routine techniques related to assigned area of work, such as extractions from biological matrices, tissue preparation, or purification.
- Responsible for performing and documenting testing in accordance with SOPs and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Makes and records observations, perform calculations, and collect and prepare data for evaluation.
- Identify and document potential performance errors or otherwise unusual results and escalate to senior lab personnel.
- Assists in maintaining laboratory equipment
- Assists in good housekeeping of the lab environment, consistent with 6S standards.
- Assists in maintaining adequate inventory.
- Responsible for clear, accurate, and timely communications with cross functional stakeholders.
- Documents all project work according to Q2 Solutions and regulatory processes and procedures, as applicable.
- Notifies inventory staff of supply shortages.
- Performs routine data analysis, as required.
- Assists with training of junior level staff and assist with onboarding.
- May interface with applicable LIMS system for workflow management.
- May work with automated instrumentation.
- May assist in writing of laboratory procedures and techniques.
- May represent lab team on cross functional projects.
- Participates in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and meetings.
- Supports safety, quality, and 6S requirements and initiatives.
- Complies with company's procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Requires basic knowledge of assigned technical area, systems, and procedures.
- Proficiency with pipetting techniques.
- Demonstrates understanding of functional area and responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of any applicable regulatory standards within area of responsibility, such as Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
- Experience working with automation or specialized laboratory equipment.
- Proficiency with routine and some non-routine laboratory calculations regarding batches and specimens.
- Good computer skills using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in a Life Sciences discipline required Or
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 6 months of experience in a regulated laboratory environment
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
Q² Solutions’ ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination status.https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.