Assistant Scientist, Sample Preparation (1806319)
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health.
Works under close supervision from higher level Scientific and Project Management staff. Performs a variety of technical procedures such as routine sample preparation, method development/optimization and troubleshooting experiments. Also prepares routine solutions and reagents. Assists in maintaining laboratory equipment, supports lab safety, and complies with company's procedures and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirements, as applicable. Perform work in accordance with ICH E6 Guideline for Good Clinical Practice.
- Execution of ELISAs, RIAs, cell-based assays and other immunoassay techniques as required in a BSL2 lab under direction of project leader.
- Learn and perform required laboratory techniques using novel and established protocols and Standard Operation Procedures under the direction of project leader.
- May assist with method development and validation.
- Responsible for providing clear communication with the Scientific, Project Management, Quality Control and Quality Assurance teams. Prepare stock and working solutions/standards and QC samples. Aliquots control matrices.
- Make and record observations, perform calculations, and collect and prepare data for evaluation.
- Document all project work according to IQVIA and GLP processes and procedures, as applicable.
- Perform laboratory maintenance as required.
- Assist in maintaining adequate supplies.
- Maintain housekeeping standards for work area.
- May work with automated instrumentation.
- May interface with Laboratory Operations to request and return study samples.
- May use LIQVIA system to schedule samples, set-up and edit worklist and manage bioanalytical data.
- Comply with all applicable regulatory standards, including Good Clinical and Good Laboratory Practices.
Minimum required education and experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 4 years’ experience in a laboratory environment required Or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledgeable in basic chemistry and/or biology.
- Ability to perform accurate and precise processing of client samples.
- Ability to follow written and oral scientific directions.
- Ability to adhere to IQVIA and client Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to complete documentation per IQVIA and GLP requirements, as applicable.
- Ability to multitask and maintain an organized work area.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network