Indianapolis, Indiana| Indiana
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: Yes
At the forefront of genomics, flow cytometry, anatomic pathology, vaccines, bioanalytical and other laboratory services, we deliver cutting-edge solutions with a continuous investment in innovative laboratory testing capabilities. You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific expertise alongside industry thought leaders, use advanced technologies and learn pioneering techniques in one of our many state-of-the-art global laboratories. We treat each sample as if a life depends on it. We know there are patients out there hoping for a cure, and together, we can turn that hope into help.
What makes Scientists at Q2 Solutions successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- PROBLEM SOLVER
- RESULTS DRIVEN
Explore this career path
As you progress through your career, you'll play a vital role in helping our customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before, improving healthcare for future generations.
Associate Principal Scientist
A career at Q2 Solutions will provide
What gets me most excited about being part of
Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.
Responsible for LCMS operation, method development, sample analysis, critical review of data, data interpretation, reporting of results including report preparation and critical review.
Responsible for performing a variety of technical procedures and experimental execution in support of sample analysis, method development, and qualification in a bioanalytical laboratory.
- Responsible for performing and documenting analytical procedures in accordance with company procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- May be responsible for contributing to the design and development execution of routine methods/assays under moderate supervision.
- May contribute to technical discussions, experimental design, data review, sponsor inquiries.
- Assist in troubleshooting and process improvements to increase data quality, lower costs, or reduce turnaround times.
- May lead a laboratory or cross functional project and assist with implementation.
- Act as a technical resource for laboratory staff in area of expertise.
- May support the team in the absence of the line manager.
- Exercise good judgment in assessing whether analytical procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances through routine data analysis.;
- Identify abnormal progress of test procedure, potential quality failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to senior lab personnel immediately.
- Prepare data analysis results for upload to LIMS system under the guidance of senior level staff.
- Preparation of buffers and solutions for analysis, as required.
- Perform and document calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment as assigned.
- Perform and document hands on training for other lab personnel in areas of proven competency as assigned.
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and lectures and meetings.
- Production of quality data and documentation in adherence to timelines in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Support safety and 6S requirements and initiatives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of method development and analytical techniques for assigned technical area including principles, theories, concepts, and instrumentation, typically obtained through advanced education.
- Understanding of sample handling and preparation.
- General awareness of the drug development process and the interaction of method development in that process.
- LC-MS/MS experience is required; preferably including method development experience.
- Working knowledge of regulatory agency standards within the area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
- Strong technical knowledge of complex analytical techniques and science supporting the analysis.
- Proficiency with data analysis techniques and calculations.
- Ability to troubleshoot laboratory equipment and resolve process issues.
- Good computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients.
- Ability to maintain a degree of independence to complete assigned tasks and projects.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, Chemistry, or a related field required.
- Bachelor's degree plus 1-2 years of related experience in method development or specific methodology area or a Master’s degree; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.; Degree in chemistry, biology, or related field
Q² Solutions,IQVIA’s laboratory business, creates connected intelligence by combining our expertise, technology and analytics - this fuels unparalleled research & development solutions. We uphold a deep commitment to patients, sites, customers, and each other. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
Q² Solutions’ ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination status.https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-statusThe potential base pay range for this role, when annualized, is $59,400.00 - $89,000.00. The actual base pay offered may vary based on a number of factors including job-related qualifications such as knowledge, skills, education, and experience; location; and/or schedule (full or part-time). Dependent on the position offered, incentive plans, bonuses, and/or other forms of compensation may be offered, in addition to a range of health and welfare and/or other benefits.