versee, guide, perform and interpret biotransformation studies. Provide direction and supervision to a designated group of scientific staff to ensure projects are appropriately resourced and employees are trained to meet project needs. Assist in formulating effective strategic goals and objectives, assure implementation and operational integration of those goals. Assume ownership of strategic initiatives and work with functional management to develop implementation plans. Establish productive relationships with clients.
- ADME functional area expert with strong foundation in biotransformation/metabolite identification concepts, including instrumentation, study design, conduct and broader data interpretation. Help to design, interpret, implement, report, and oversee metID study packages in collaboration with biotransformation staff.
- Oversee planning, assigning, and directing metID work; Manage allocation of resources with an eye towards efficiency and quality, including project assignment and capacity management.
- Able to appraise performance of and guide professional development for metID staff; coach and mentor employees on project planning, project review, and problem solving to ensure alignment of work practices across the metID team.
- Able to develop and maintain productive relationships with external clients, as well as internal support groups (marketing, business development, finance, etc.).
- Lead efforts to explore and evaluate new technologies with a focus on efficiency and value for the customer. Work with staff to identify efficiency gains through process improvements and/or technological advances.
- Provide scientific oversight/review for cross-disciplinary ADME services; consult on scientific strategy for broader ADME services, including study/package design, reviewing cross-group work products, resolving complex scientific problems, and communicating with clients.
- Propose, manage, and implement scientific initiatives and/or strategies in consultation with management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, or biology or related field with 8 years' relevant ADME experience with an emphasis on biotransformation; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of ADME, including drug metabolism processes, analytical method development, metabolite profiling, and structural determination.
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory equipment and instrumentation, with focus on chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation. Large molecule biotransformation experience (e.g. peptides, antibody-drug conjugates, and proteins) a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills with previous supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; highly effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work within a matrix team environment.
Q² Solutions,IQVIA’s laboratory business, creates connected intelligence by combining our expertise, technology and analytics - this fuels unparalleled research & development solutions. We uphold a deep commitment to patients, sites, customers, and each other. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
Q² Solutions’ ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination status.https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-statusThe potential base pay range for this role, when annualized, is $142,800.00 - $243,100.00. The actual base pay offered may vary based on a number of factors including job-related qualifications such as knowledge, skills, education, and experience; location; and/or schedule (full or part-time). Dependent on the position offered, incentive plans, bonuses, and/or other forms of compensation may be offered, in addition to a range of health and welfare and/or other benefits.
Director, Biotransformation - Hybrid
Multiple locationsLearn more
Multiple locationsLearn more
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.
What gets me most excited about being part of
Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.