Senior Statistician / Senior Data Scientist (M / W / D)
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
With a global team of 70,000, we harness insights, commercial and scientific depth, and executional expertise to empower clients to achieve some of their most important goals: Improving clinical, scientific and commercial results. Realizing the full potential of innovations.
Data Science and Advanced Analytics - with departments in Frankfurt, Philadelphia, Paris and Milan as well as a network of over 300 experts worldwide - is the global competence center for data science and statistics at IQVIA. The team is responsible for development of statistical, econometrical and machine learning methodologies to support international customers in the pharmaceutical industry - often within multinational projects.
Joining Data Science and Advanced Analytics team provides the opportunity to work with large and complex data and methodologies in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. As a member of our team, you can expect exciting local and international projects, a variety regarding all fields of statistics, econometrics and machine learning as well as a collaboration with global teams offering interesting development opportunities.
Senior Data Scientist/Senior Statistician
(Location: Frankfurt/M., Germany) to support CE (Central Europe) Business Unit with a special focus on Germany.
- Conceptualization, development and testing of new methodologies and approaches (statistical and econometric) to deliver custom and standardized solutions to our clients
- Support in the implementation and deployment of new data science technologies and innovations
- Work with various complex healthcare data assets including anonymized pharmacy, patient, physician, and hospital level data
- Collaboration in innovation projects for existing and new processes and offerings
- Structured preparation, visualization and presentation of analyses results
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Master degree in Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Data Science or related field
- At least 4-5 years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis or PhD with at least 1 year of relevant professional experience
- Good knowledge of the higher statistical and econometric methods in theory and practice
- Experience working with Big Data platforms (Cloudera, Azure) is a plus
- Proficient in Python or R, and further skills in SAS/SQL are favorable
- Very good knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel)
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) including technical aspects of a project, ability to develop usable documentation, results interpretation and business recommendations
- Fluent in German and English language
- Strong analytic mindset and logical thinking capability, strong QC mindset
- Innovative thinking and joy in solving challenges
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical market and experience with pharmaceutical data (medical, hospital, pharmacy, claims data) would be a plus
- type of work - hybrid or remote
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network