Associate Director, Business Development, Linguamatics
Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics, and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Associate Director, Business Development – Linguamatics
Technology Platforms, Real-World Solutions (RWS) Technology
Linguamatics is a leading provider of text mining solutions with an emphasis on high value biomedical and healthcare applications.
Thanks to a great team and innovative use of natural language processing (NLP) based technology, the software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries and is used by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, major health systems and academic medical centers and governmental organizations such as the FDA and NIH.
We are now looking for an experienced account manager to help drive the growth of our business in the EMEA and APAC regions. Responsibilities include full cycle sales: target identification, securing and managing client meetings, listening, and understanding client needs, addressing client concerns/objections, managing Subject Matter Experts in defining opportunities, proposing solutions, negotiating, obtaining SOWs, and closing the deal.
- Developing new business from sales of software and services across multiple clients in the EMEA and APAC regions in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Travelling to customer sites and industry events to present the Linguamatics solution and its benefits
- Seeking and developing new leads, progress them through the sales cycle, negotiate and close licensing and
professional services deals
- Developing and enhancing existing and new customer relationships and proactively identify and support
opportunities within established customers to help them meet their goals
- Working closely with other parts of the Linguamatics organisation in the US and UK to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Work with the account teams (functional, regional and/or business unit) building a community that will drive and increase the pipeline by cross-fertilizing ideas,
- Leverage internal best practices to ultimately increase business opportunities
- Assess and anticipate business risks due to environmental changes impacting our relationship with the account such as the competitive setting, account product portfolio, strategy, and R&D pipeline
- 8 years Direct software sales experience, including winning new customers and account management in the pharma/biotech sector
- Track record of closing high value software deals, and ability to sell at the enterprise level
- Track record of building and maintaining long term customer relationships
- Established contacts in the pharma/biotech industry
- Experience of selling complex technical solutions, including software, SaaS, and professional services, with ability to recognise new business opportunities
- Experience of dealing with multinational organisations
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to plan, communicate and execute a business growth strategy for a given territory
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Education to at least BA/BS level in a relevant discipline
- Ability to travel extensively with a clean or low risk driving license
- Familiarity with search, text mining, analytics, or informatics software desirable
The RWS Technology & Data Science mission is to deliver world-class and globally scalable technology platforms and analytics applied to complex and large-scale clinical datasets, to support IQVIA's ongoing and rapid growth in RWS Solutions, as well as the development of new product lines.
This requires global leadership across technical and data architecture, software development and data visualization, privacy management, analytical methods, data science, machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing (NLP) - building upon 100s of novel technologies and methods either published in peer-reviewed journals or patented by our team.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
It's an exciting time to join and reimagine what's possible in healthcare.
Moving healthcare forward. Together.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network