Team Lead: Vaccines
Laboratory Team Lead – Vaccines
We hire passionate innovators who drive healthcare forward through thoughtful and inclusive collaboration. If you want to discover a career with greater purpose, join us as transform and accelerate research and development.
We are seeking a Laboratory Team Lead - Vaccines to join Q2 Solutions, IQVIA’s laboratory business, in Innovation Laboratory Park in Durham, NC.
As a Laboratory Team Lead, you will be responsible a wide variety complex testing procedures and for assisting in the supervision of daily operations (and how many laboratory staff).
What you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for performing and documenting testing in accordance with SOPs and regulatory guidelines. Completes and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Exercises good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
Responsible for scheduling in assigned area.
- Responsible for inventory oversight and ensuring adequate supplies for testing.
- Responsible for onboarding and lab training, systems training of junior level staff.
Proactively plans for resourcing and reagent needs.
- Assists with monitoring of compliance and quality incidents to ensure resolution.
- Assists team Manager with new initiatives and coordination of team delivery.
Ensures audit findings are closed.
- Coordinates feedback and performance development with people managers.
Proactively plana for new equipment acquisitions and recommend such purchases to manager.
Identifies, implements, and communicates process improvements.
- Coaches staff on ways to improve performance in work processes.
Manages adherence to appropriate quality control systems and procedures. Maintain SOPs to ensure all procedures are documented and required amendments to procedures are highlighted and progressed immediately.
- Maintains a high level of awareness of safety procedures/good housekeeping.
- Ensures health and safety compliance is observed, acts as a health and safety champion.
- Assists team Manager to co-ordinate department preparation in advance of an audit.
May serve as primary point of contact in line manager's absence.
- Participates in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and meetings.
Fosters a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and teamwork.
- Participates in initiatives to improve employee engagement to positively impact operational results, customer satisfaction and employee retention.
What We Are Looking For:
The minimum education and experience required for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 1 years of prior relevant experience? Or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Knowledge and Skills needed for this role:
- Sound knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts in job area.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and guide others.
- Working knowledge of any applicable regulatory standards within area of responsibility, such as Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Proficiency with general lab techniques.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
- Strong technical knowledge of complex testing procedures and science supporting analysis.
- Proficiency with complex laboratory calculations regarding batches and specimens.
- Ability to troubleshoot laboratory equipment and resolve process issues.
- Good computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
What We Offer You:
We put our employees at the center of everything we do and are committed to providing them, and their families, with benefits that meet their diverse and changing needs. We invest in integrated benefits programs and resources to take care of our employees’ physical, mental and emotional, financial and social well-being so they can thrive at home and at work, at any stage of their well-being journey.
To learn more about our benefits, visit https://jobs.iqvia.com/benefits.
If you’re looking to unleash your potential, join Q2 Solutions, IQVIA’s laboratory business, to help make the extraordinary possible!
Q² Solutions,IQVIA’s laboratory business, creates connected intelligence by combining our expertise, technology and analytics - this fuels unparalleled research & development solutions. We uphold a deep commitment to patients, sites, customers, and each other. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
Q² Solutions’ ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination status.https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-statusThe potential base pay range for this role, when annualized, is $54,800.00 - $82,300.00. The actual base pay offered may vary based on a number of factors including job-related qualifications such as knowledge, skills, education, and experience; location; and/or schedule (full or part-time). Dependent on the position offered, incentive plans, bonuses, and/or other forms of compensation may be offered, in addition to a range of health and welfare and/or other benefits.
Vaccines Project Manager - Remote
Multiple locationsLearn more
Chef de Projet Laboratoire - CDx ou Anatomo Pathologie - À Distance / Laboratory Project Manager - CDx or Anatomic Pathology - Remote
Multiple locationsLearn more
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.
What gets me most excited about being part of
Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.