Site Support Engineer
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health.
Provide technical assistance to computer system users. Site Support Engineer is responsible for answering questions and resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location. The technical skills include knowledge of laboratory and computer equipment and associated software.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operating to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity.
- Act as liaison to internal technology groups to resolve highly technical issues
- Install software or perform hardware testing remotely.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
Minimum Required Education And Experience
- Associate's degree in computer related field or equivalent training required.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Exercises minimal independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties and recommend system modifications to reduce reoccurrence of issues
- Experience working in a regulated lab environment (GxP) with exposure to lab instrumentation.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software. Such as: configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software, remote access methods, and internet directory services software.
- Basic knowledge of networking: switch, router, wireless, etc.
- Knowledge of Database basics: MS SQL, Oracle and ability to run basic queries against these databases.
- Ability to perform project work, act as team member on new systems deployments.
- Experience with migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation and training materials and assist in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications. Maintain a working knowledge of Service Desk and IT Operations procedures related to client services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Benefit: LIMS, ELN experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network