Principal, Epidemiology & Drug Safety (Remote - US Based)
Scientific lead for a portfolio of high-impact regulatory pharmacoepidemiology studies. Responsible for leading a matrixed team to design and deliver studies for biopharmaceutical clients. Works with business leads to discuss client scientific needs and scopes out study solutions, timelines and budgets. Leads studies and scientific business engagements across multiple therapeutic areas and/or clients. Meets or exceeds revenue targets for pharmacoepidemiology studies.
- Develop and deliver insightful, impactful, epidemiological studies/programs to address biopharmaceutical client issues.
- Create and elevate new scientific business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work and identify new scientific opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Act as primary leader of client engagements throughout the study process; ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high-value, high-impact studies.
- Follow-up with clients after study deliverables have been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Provide high-level scientific and strategic input for client reports and presentations.
- May have line management responsibilities for junior scientific staff.
- Lead thought-leadership and firm-building initiatives for scientific topics.
- Remain current on industry, clients, and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues with assigned clients.
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of scientific consulting services through speaking engagements, client meetings, and publications.
- Mentor, coach, and share subject matter expertise with others to help develop individuals and capabilities delivering world-class scientific solutions for clients.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in epidemiology, biostatistics, or other allied health discipline.
- 8+ years professional experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and healthcare industry with evidence of career progression required
- Strong epidemiological skills with experience designing and delivering a portfolio of observational or real-world studies.
- Expertise leading real-world data studies.
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries.
- Proven capability to identify new scientific studies and revenue opportunities with clients.
- Proven skills in identifying, recruiting, mentoring/coaching, and retaining top talent.
- Proven success in promoting complex scientific strategy and delivery engagements to the top Pharma/Life Sciences companies. Experience participating in proposal development and review with clients/customers.
- Ability to speak in detail with biopharmaceutical leaders about brand, launch and commercial scientific solutions in a meaningful manner with depth of content knowledge.
- Proven ability to build relationships, identify client pain points, and develop solutions for clients.
- Maintains a focus on industry, client, and competitive trends in the life sciences industry. Applies this knowledge to both active client engagements and business/client development activities.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly. Adapts style and content; meets demands of the situation and audience. Communicates clearly and effectively uses well-structured, logical arguments and avoids unnecessary technical or complex language.
- Builds supportive relationships within a team, based on trust and respect. Requires listening to others, adapts to other people's different work styles and focuses on shared goals. Willing to challenge others and accepts challenges as a way of getting the best results for the team.
- A positive attitude in stressful situations or following failures. Ability to manage one’s own emotions, willing to take on challenging tasks, and energy to remain focused on those tasks when presented with obstacles.
- Develops strong, lasting relationships with clients. Possesses desire to understand and satisfy customers’ needs and exceed expectations whenever possible. Concern with clients inside or outside the organization; internal customers may be other departments or individuals from the same organization.
- Makes clear, appropriate decisions. Performs with incomplete or ambiguous information, and while under time pressure. Resilience in making unpopular decisions when necessary and taking responsibility for outcomes and impacts of those decisions.
- Responds well to change. Positive attitude towards change and a readiness to adapt when presented with new information, new situations or shifting priorities.
- Balances the need to shape outcomes in short term while maintaining successful long-term relationships. Knows how to motivate and inspire to achieve a common goal and demonstrates key strategic negotiation tactics. Uses personal and professional contacts to influence people across teams or organizations.
- Self-confident and proactive; generates activity for themselves rather than waiting for instruction. Prepared to take calculated risks if potential benefit in results.
- Turns creative ideas into original solutions. Produces new or different approaches in current situations and enables creativity in others. Involved in generating ideas and seeing them through to implementation.
- Enables others to perform. Sets a clear direction and delegates fairly and appropriately allowing direct reports the means to achieve their goals. Looks for opportunities to develop individuals by encouraging them to take on greater responsibility and make decisions for themselves.
- Establishes and prioritizes tasks and objectives in order to manage time and resources appropriately. Sets deadlines based on the time required, and on how each part of the plan affects others. Prepares backup plans in case the situation changes.
- Creates a clear view of the future of the business. Considers the long-term goals of the organization and defines the strategy to achieve this. Considers the current environment in which the business operates and anticipates future changes or challenges for the organization.
- Shows comfort and aptitude using technology in order to reach goals more efficiently, and to a higher standard of quality. Welcomes advancements in technology and is willing to understand and implement them. Uses technology appropriately and helps others to appreciate and understand the benefits of using technology.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-statusColorado/California/Washington state Pay Transparency : The salary range for this role is $201,300 - $272,200.The actual salary will vary based on factors like candidate qualifications and competencies. Certain roles are eligible for annual bonus, sales incentives and/or stock. Benefits may include healthcare, retirement, paid time off, and more.
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network