Head of Clinical Operations Technology
The Head of Clinical Operations Technology is responsible for driving a vision, team and technology to evolve IQVIA team and technology for all core Clinical research and operations activities on behalf of our sponsors from Site selection to project management and data monitoring capabilities. The role is responsible for supporting our development operations team engaged in clinical activities across multiple different operating model such as fully outsources studies, functional sourcing providers and IQVIA Biotech division.
• Partners with business to develop and align on a vision and roadmap for the Clinical operations, IQVIA Biotech and FSP team’s technologies and capabilities need to support and accelerate IQVIA RDS’s revenue growth, productivity, and quality.
• Lead and build a high performing team of technology personnel aligned with RDS’s Clinical Operations mission and strategy
• Leadership, execution and maintenance for all technology platforms in play to support IQB, FSP and ClinOps business RDO functions.
• Apply expertise in business process and technology, bringing innovative ideas and solutions to business problems from the R&DS technology team. This may include areas such as AI, NLP, RPA, OCR, Blockchain, new architecture thinking etc.
• Serves as a single point of accountability to facilitate coordination with Business stakeholders, and IT delivery teams to ensure successful execution of technology delivery to meet business goals and objectives.
• Drive innovative initiatives, conduct POCs and build portfolio priorities and investment governance to help drive business and technology transformation including IT operating model design to run an efficient IT delivery operation.
• Deliver solutions that are practical, flexible, scalable, reusable, strategic and are achieved through the application of industry proven architectural principles, standards and governance.
• Responsible for planning and managing Clinical Operations IT budget in tight alignment with business leaders and stakeholders.
• Responsible to business leadership for all IT related escalations across their business unit, working with program, product and operations teams and CIO Service Delivery Teams.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• 15+ years of progressive technology leadership experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or related field , Master degree a plus • Preference for life sciences, CROs, related product or service companies in a highly regulated environment
• Proven experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions while fostering effective employees and stakeholder engagement
• Expertise in designing, building and managing fast-paced clinical development and analytics digital transformative solutions • Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Experience in successfully developing and implementing IT strategy, development, and delivery of multiple development initiatives preferably within a complex life sciences organization
• Demonstrated ability to lead global diverse teams within a complex and fast-paced environment
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
Collaborating and Influencing
• Ability to quickly create the circle of influence and able to negotiate with all stakeholders with authentic give-and-take approach
• Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary to shape a collective consensus.
• Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people or new people.
Leading Positive Change
• Communicates new direction or changes with clear rationale and appeal.
• Advocates for new direction and constantly evolve organizational practices to embrace change
• Peaks at all available opportunities about future direction, adjusts communication style to changing situations and to respond to audience concerns
• Pays a great deal of attention and responds to business needs and concerns.
• Stays current with business needs and intersection of the technologies as they evolve
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network