Associate Therapeutic Strategy Director _ Home or Office-based
IQVIA is changing an entire industry through inspired innovation. Our People make the difference. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. Great products come from great ideas. And great ideas come from great people. We look for the very best people and then give them meaningful work to do. Join IQVIA and help us make the world a better place.
Oncology, Immunology, Internal Medicine, CAGT & CNS Therapeutics are priority growth areas for IQVIA. There are several large opportunities and accounts upcoming in these spaces which require a higher level of engagement to win new business. We are looking for an Associate Therapeutic Strategy Director who is experienced in a broad range of indications specific to one or more of these Therapeutics, has experience in global clinical trial development and can support customer engagement & responses to proposals. To be successful in this role, it is important to understand clinical trial operations from Phase 1 to Phase 3 and be able to apply operational strategies. It would also be beneficial to have an understanding of the various third-party vendors that are required to run studies in this Therapeutic area.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, consultative leader responsible for driving early engagement and proposals aligned with client needs. The Associate Therapeutic Strategy Director will drive existing solutions and will help develop & deliver proposals with market-leading solutions and capabilities. Will serve as a Therapeutic and Operational SME throughout the program/project delivery lifecycle to increase IQVIAs therapeutic market share.
This pivotal role represents and demonstrates IQVIA’s credibility with clients, furthering the R&DS business. The Associate Therapeutic Strategy Director will take ownership of high-level client relationships, for specified engagements, in close collaboration with Sales, the Account Team, Business Development and other Stakeholders.
Business Growth and Client Engagement:
- Leverage IQVIA medical, scientific, operational and data science experts to determine the optimal solution, project design and lead a cross-functional team in proposal development through to award
- Assigned to take ownership of developing client-centric solutions, designing both strategic and methodological approaches to ensure that IQVIA secures client projects
- Work with account team to pro-actively develop and shape new business opportunities, securing RDS projects from life sciences clients across the full portfolio of RDS offerings
- Contribute and support client meetings and partnership meetings to increase enterprise growth through therapeutic and operational strategy differentiation
- Champion and advocate the CORE-powered solutions and include existing and new innovative solutions as applicable and appropriate through the sales process. This may include, but is not limited to, stand-alone programs and projects, requests for information (RFI), capabilities, and early engagement.
- As a leader of the pre-award strategy team, the TSL is accountable and responsible for creation of innovative, effective, and compelling therapeutic and operational strategies that clients differentiate IQVIA from its competitors.
- Work with key internal stakeholders and pre/post-award teams to analyze information and data that enables development of efficient and feasible delivery solutions. This may include, but is not limited to, protocol feasibility and risk management, assessment and management of the competitive landscape, optimal country and site distributions, site and patient recruitment strategies, monitoring and vendor strategies.
- Actively support Sales in the preparation and conduct of client and bid defense meetings e.g. training and preparation of the assigned project team; provide specific content; ensure presentation focus and content effectively conveys project strategy and critical win themes. Attend and present at client meetings, or bid defense meetings, as required, (based on the strategy for selling the opportunity).
Strategy Translation and Post Award Support
- Translate the sold strategy to the delivery team and be an available resource for the delivery team when changes to strategy are required.
- Guide and mentor assigned Project Leader through a comprehensive handover of the project strategy and facilitate their understanding so that they can confidently present the project strategy to the client (in prep for bid defense or upon award if no defense) and internal stakeholders. Ensure project leadership owns the strategy and CORE-powered solutions after the strategy handover meeting. This may extend to other assigned team members depending on the complexities and/or nuances of the strategy being outlined.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Remain up to date with knowledge and information that supports effectiveness as a Therapeutic Strategy Lead e.g. understanding IQVIA’ services, tools and product offerings, status and trends in assigned TA(s), innovations and advances in clinical trial methodology, and business intelligence.
- Broad protocol and therapeutic knowledge
- Proven ability to make decisions with limited information, bringing clarity to disparate information to inform actions and drive results
- Experience working productively in a pressurized environment, managing competing priorities & maintaining a positive outlook at work; handles criticism well and learns from it
- Robust and current knowledge of scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial and competitive landscape in applicable therapeutic area
- Demonstrated ability to understand client needs, have difficult conversations with internal/external stakeholders and clients, negotiate solutions and understand impacts on the overall offering
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language (both written and spoken)
- Strong business acumen including confidence with financial considerations, excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and comfort working in both sales and operational environments
- Flexible and able to work in situations where specifications may or may not be well defined and willing to support work in other therapeutic areas when required
- Confident and capable in the use of technology, applications, and other media e.g. databases and internet to research new opportunities, maintain currency of therapeutic and operational knowledge, and competitive landscape.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, advanced degree preferred, with specialization in one or more therapeutic areas and 10 years global clinical research relevant experience, including hands-on operational delivery and/or drug development experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Proven track record in operational delivery and/or drug development involvement
May require frequent travel
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network