Associate Scientist Laboratory Operations
Location: Durham, North Carolina
At the forefront of genomics, flow cytometry, anatomic pathology, vaccines, bioanalytical and other laboratory services, we deliver cutting-edge solutions with a continuous investment in innovative laboratory testing capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific expertise alongside industry thought leaders, use advanced technologies and learn pioneering techniques in one of our many state-of-the-art global laboratories.
We treat each sample as if a life depends on it. We know there are patients out there hoping for a cure, and together, we can turn that hope into help.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes Scientists at Q2 Solutions successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
As you progress through your career, you'll play a vital role in helping our customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before, improving healthcare for future generations.
Associate Principal Scientist
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
A career at Q2 Solutions will provide...
Work culture that supports improved work-life balance
Awards & Recognition
Programs that celebrate and recognize accomplishments
Cross-functional idea sharing and thinking to accomplish common goals
Associate Scientist Laboratory Operations
- Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
- Identify abnormal progress of test procedure, potential QC failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to senior lab personnel immediately.
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment as assigned.
- Assist in the review and development of laboratory procedures and techniques
- Identify process improvements to increase data quality, lower costs or reduce turnaround times. Assist in the implementation of changes as assigned.
- Notify inventory staff of supply shortages
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and off-site lectures and meetings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of practices and principles of basic laboratory operations
- Knowledge of general rules for safe exposure to chemical and blood borne pathogens
- Good understanding of standard laboratory precautions and infection control procedures
- Knowledge of sterilization and decontamination procedures and hazardous waste management
- Skill in using applicable computer systems and applications including LIMS and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to perform duties in an independent manner.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a Science Discipline with 2 years experience in a clinical laboratory operating under GLP and/or CLIA guidelines; OR,
- Equivalent combination of education , training and experience
Candidates are preferred to have experience in one or more of the following methods: ELISA, HAI, PCR, and viral neutralization assays
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.