Associate Director, Statistical Programming, IQVIA Biotech
Manage a team of Statistical Programming (SP) staff including assisting in the hiring, training, and supervising of department members. May fulfill the role of site head or functional head within a site. Assist in directing the Statistical Programming (SP) department in the development of policies, procedures, and standards in support of project team efforts. Plan, schedule, and ensure adequate levels of training are carried out to meet workload requirements. Develop, recommend, and implement standard procedures, measures of performance, and training programs. Organize and allocate resources according to multi-project requirements and deadlines. May serve as Lead on major projects.
• Technical responsibilities:
i) Serve as a Stat Programming consultant for other members of the department and staff members from other Biostatistics departments within the company.
ii) Maintain knowledge and awareness of developments in statistical programming.
iii) May participate as high level lead Stat Programmer on major project(s).
iv) Provide advanced technical expertise for internal and external clients.
v) Independently bring project solutions to SP teams and the Statistical Programming department.
vi) Provide expert review of process and methodology development work with regard to SP standards and validation procedures.
• Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resource matters.
• Ensure the high quality and timeliness of deliverables from the Stat Programming department and ensure the high quality of the QC expert review process.
• Participate in project meetings; keep up-to-date on project issues; keep Director informed of project issues.
• Coordinate and participate in process improvements and interoffice/interdepartmental task forces; oversee collection and reporting of Stat Programming metrics, implementation of revised work practices, new guidelines, and new software tools as they become available.
• Effectively allocate at the site level so as to achieve target utilization rates and project realization rates.
• Participate in sales meetings as required; oversee proposal preparation; ensure that all proposals bid by the department have an adequate budget, and sufficiently detailed set of budget assumptions.
• Master's Degree Computer science or related field and 7 years relevant experience including 2 years experience managing staff Req Or
• Bachelor's Degree Computer science or related field and 8 years relevant experience including 2 years experience managing staff Req
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience in lieu of degree Req
• Expert knowledge of SAS and technical database skills
• Knowledge of statistics and/or the clinical drug development process
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with good interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Sound judgment/decision making
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Ability to effectively delegate work
• Ability to effectively motivate other staff members
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network