Associate Director, Quality Management eTMF
This role is assigned to designated Delivery Unit(s), country/countries, sponsor(s), business units(s), and/or specific tasks as defined by the line manager (LM). Contributes to the development and is responsible for the implementation of specific quality improvement initiatives as agreed with the relevant Head(s) of assigned business lines. Provides advice and supports relevant key stakeholders with regards to quality control, risk assessment, risk management, and corrective/preventive actions.
• Contributes to the development, and supports implementation of the Quality Management Plan within the scope of the assignment this will include: Planning and executing the Quality Management activities. Risk identification and assessment through data review and quality control processes. Providing support in risk mitigation, in planning corrective/preventive actions, and guidance for improvement. Supporting the assigned business line management and staff to enhance effectiveness in project delivery.;
• Cooperate closely with the relevant business lines and other stakeholders, support maintaining focus on quality in project delivery.
• Provides advice and support to teams within the assigned business line on all aspects of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) compliance.
• Works in close cooperation with teams to manage non-compliance, quality issues
• Assist in planning corrective/preventive actions, as applicable according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Informs the assigned business line and Quality Assurance of quality issues according to SOPs.
• Works closely with Quality Assurance and assigned business staff in case of suspected misconduct, as required by the applicable SOPs.
• May provide assistance during audits and regulatory inspections to the teams to the extent agreed with the line manager, as required by the applicable SOPs.
• Acts as the primary contact for Quality Assurance on quality matters – on the level of the assignment, attend meetings/teleconferences.
• Prepares periodic reports to business lines on quality related matters, risk assessments and specific quality improvement initiatives.
• Manages staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance and guiding professional development, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.;
• Upon agreement with the Head of relevant business line: Performs any other reasonable tasks as required by the role.
• Bachelor's Degree Req.
• Typically requires 5-7 years of prior relevant experience.
• Requires deep knowledge of one or more related job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
• Sound working knowledge of relevant terminology, International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), applicable regulatory requirements, quality management processes.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent judgement and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and line management skills.
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment.
• Ability to lead and motivate a clinical team also required.
• Ability to travel within the region/country.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
• Fluent in English.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network