Senior Business Development Director
• Establish and manage an effective business development program to maximize organization growth. Serve as overall customer relationship manager and strategic business partner responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with customers.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
• Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing Customers/Accounts.
• Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account.
• Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within Account and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization.
• Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
• Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
• Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
• Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each customer account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
• Establish brand recognition; communicate with internal Project Managers to assess overall level of customer satisfaction and progress of projects.
• Work with operations and functional managers to identify sales team and prepares and leads the sales presentation. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
• Coordinate with contracts and proposals to develop proposal.
• Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
• Utilize CRM to establish reports and dashboards to analyze business development and sales activities and track progress.
• Maintain high visibility within customer organization.
• Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
• Communicate all account activity to Senior Sales Leader and/or appropriate individuals through the CRM system.
• Lead/participate in change management initiatives for the sales organization.
• Provide overall support and serves as a mentor for junior sales staff members.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management
• 15 years relevant industry experience (CRO/Pharmaceutical)
• Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Proven track record at developing mid-level and high-level contacts
• Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strategic business awareness and analytical skills
• Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
• Ability to maintain demanding timelines
• Ability to influence others both internally and externally
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network