Operational Bidder, Project Management, Internal Medicine & Dermatology - IQVIA Biotech
POSITION TITLE: Operational Bidder, Project Management (any division)
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Project Management or Designee
To support development of budgets and proposals for potential clients based on Request for Proposals (RFPs), providing specific support to Project Management. Review contracts and change-in-scope documents for newly awarded or active projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Proposals to support development of budgets and proposals for potential projects based on client information contained in the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Attend study strategy meetings.
- Attend customer calls, as needed, to respond to questions related to proposals.
- Work closely with members of Project Management team and client to negotiate scope of work to be performed for a project.
- Request resources from Project Management and other departments, as needed, for proposals.
- Work closely with Contracts Department to prepare contracts for newly awarded projects.
- Assist with maintenance of proposal templates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of proposal and contracts process.
- Knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical, medical device, or in-vitro diagnostic product development process.
- Ability to maintain long-range projects while managing daily details with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff to coordinate and execute proposal activities.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory and/or ICH GCP guidelines for conducting clinical research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills and negotiation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel (domestically and internationally) as required.
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA CRITERIA:
- Very limited physical effort required to perform normal job duties.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- BS/BA and 3 - 5 years of direct experience in budget/proposal development
- At least 2 years within a CRO setting or
- At least 3 years within Project Management or
- Equivalent level of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and work in a team environment is essential.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive materials.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
This position is classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act; employees are not eligible for overtime compensation
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network